Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Location of article navboxes - Page 1

Location of article navboxes

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2011-08-16 00:37:50
Most wikis have these things at the bottom of articles, but for some reason I put them at the top initially. Should they stay there or should they be moved down to the bottom?

Re: Location of article navboxes

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-08-16 07:55:25

Most wikis have these things at the bottom of articles, but for some reason I put them at the top initially. Should they stay there or should they be moved down to the bottom?

I'm not sure, I'm indifferent either way. Many Wikis often put their stub tags at the top of the page rather than the bottom. It would probably look strange if we moved our navboxes to the bottom of the page, but that would only be because I wasn't used to seeing it that way, I'm happy with what you and everybody else think, one one hand it sticks out and says 'here are more glitches to scroll through', though on the other hand it would probably look neater if it was there at the bottom of the page and the actual content of the article is what matters.

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2011-08-22 22:20:12
I would put them at the bottom.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2011-09-21 13:14:34
Personally I think there less distracting at the bottom of the page. I can read the article first and then see all the related articles. I think its more fluid that way.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2011-09-24 11:15:36
Generally you want to read the article, then look at related things, not read something related, then read the article. Much more logical to put it at the bottom.