Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Do we need a Stub tag? - Page 1

Do we need a Stub tag?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-08-16 09:17:01
I realize that this is probably the wrong time to talk about this now, with bugs on the Wiki and forum still be solved, but we never really had a Stub tag for articles, do we need one? I thought it would be a good idea, but then again would we be using t for things like the GlitchDex articles or not? GARY 'M 9 suggested we could use .4's 'chip' sprite for the picture.

Re: Do we need a Stub tag?

Posted by: Tsukuu
Date: 2011-08-16 09:36:11
Idk… because some glitches are so minor that they'll always be a stub. But I think we should, just in case.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2011-09-21 13:11:22
Yes, I think we should have a stub tag. But as Tsukuu pointed out, some glitches will always have small pages because they are minor. So the stub tag should only be used on pages that are genuinely lacking information. Just because a page is short doesn't mean its lacking information on the subject. It could mean be there is inherently very little information on that subject. Therefor we should have a stub tag, but only use it on pages that have a small amount of the possible information on it.

Posted by: OwnageMuch
Date: 2011-09-21 23:38:27
In that case, why not make it a lacking information tag {{lacking}} with the ability to add what is lacking, for example {{lacking|pictures}}?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2011-09-24 06:20:23

In that case, why not make it a lacking information tag {{lacking}} with the ability to add what is lacking, for example {{lacking|pictures}}?

Sounds like a good idea, like the 'glitch research needed' template which Bulbapedia is currently using.

Posted by: SnorlaxMonster
Date: 2011-09-24 11:03:24

Sounds like a good idea, like the 'glitch research needed' template which Bulbapedia is currently using.

That would probably be more like Bulbapedia's Incomplete tag. The GlitchResearch tag isn't that necessary, as it can be replaced with either the Spading tag or the Incomplete tag.