Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Petition to combine non-poke glitch game pages into one page - Page 1

Petition to combine non-poke glitch game pages into one page

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2015-12-05 17:30:13
It would be much more efficient to have one page for a non-pokemon game's flaws than one per glitch, e.g. Metroid Series (which I just did, incomplete as it may be) instead of the current layout. It would decrease server load and speed up the site.

Re: Petition to combine non-poke glitch game pages into one page

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2015-12-06 08:55:03
I support this.

Regarding significantly well known glitches such as Minus World, Pac-Man level 256. Should they have a main article as well?

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2015-12-11 19:38:58

I support this.

Regarding significantly well known glitches such as Minus World, Pac-Man level 256. Should they have a main article as well?

They'd have more in-depth explanations (if available), but no, one per game. Or, we could have one per game and one for major glitches or stupidly-missed oversights (*cough cough* Sonic '06 in its entirety*cough* uh… *cough cough* sorry, I have a really bad cough…)

Date: 2017-12-20 16:15:36
*bump*

I feel like I'd like to go and put this into practise. I think it's a great idea and it makes sense, like how The Cutting Room Floor (wiki about unused content) has one page per game.

Will go and ask Abwayax if he's OK with it.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2017-12-23 19:43:18
I'd suggest to handle it on a case by case basis. Minor glitches can be grouped up into a single page for the game while major ones can get their own page. I'll leave it up to y'all to decide what that means.

Date: 2017-12-24 10:18:54

I'd suggest to handle it on a case by case basis. Minor glitches can be grouped up into a single page for the game while major ones can get their own page. I'll leave it up to y'all to decide what that means.

Thanks for the input!

Yeah, I think while something like Pac-Man's level 256 glitch could be in a list it could also have its own article and I would support that.

Anyone else have other thoughts?

Date: 2017-12-29 16:32:49
All right. I've spent a good amount of time today making the adjustments.

In addition I've added a few missing articles about patched glitches in Generation VII (and Pokkén Tournament glitches). These are very short (and I took care to make sure the wording wasn't the same as other sources) but we were missing them as development on the wiki hasn't been that active re: the latest glitches.

In the future I want to add many more glitches and derivatives of glitches (but I'd like to finish the AttackDex, GSC ItemDex, DexDex, PhoneDex, StatDex, UnownDex first). I estimate our number of articles could reach 3,000 or so eventually (did some estimates what it would be like if all those databases had pages and there realistically would be a few more).

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-12-29 18:17:47
Is this, uh…
Is this the right place for this?

Posted by: Couldntthinkofaname
Date: 2017-12-29 21:26:30

Is this, uh…
Is this the right place for this?

Probably. This is Wiki Discussion, and this discussion is indeed relevant to the wiki.

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2017-12-30 11:14:51
Yes but this is in an old deprecated topic.