Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Petition thread - Page 1

Petition thread

Posted by: Yeniaul
Date: 2016-06-16 16:37:26
This is where petitions for things go.
I'll begin.

Petition to move the Yellow functions list into the *Dex list.

Re: Petition thread

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-06-17 14:25:45

I'll begin.

I support this, but I feel it's first a good idea to make sure the GlitchDex, AttackDex and ItemDex are completed.

I live alone in my own flat now so fortunately have a lot of free time to work on this. :)

Date: 2016-06-17 14:40:45

I'll begin.

I support this, but I feel it's first a good idea to make sure the GlitchDex, AttackDex and ItemDex are completed.

I live alone in my own flat now so fortunately have a lot of free time to work on this. :)

Yeah, priorities, after all.
Do you really feel like my list is good enough for that?

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2016-06-17 14:56:21
Yeah. I'm thinking that after the GlitchDex, AttackDex, ItemDex are done we could work on a listing like this:

GlitchDex
AttackDex
ItemDex
TypeDex
AreaDex
(UnownDex?)
(CommandDex?)
More

I have mixed thoughts whether the Predef list (CommandDex) should be on the Sidebar. It is definitely a database and I'm leaning towards yes, although it doesn't come in to play very often (outside of arbitrary code execution), so could be found under "More".

I have a question. Are predefined commands dependent on the ROM bank in which they were called or do the predefined commands set the bank automatically? If so, it would be good to document the effects for different banks.

Date: 2016-06-17 15:00:55

I'm thinking that after the GlitchDex, AttackDex, ItemDex are done we work on a listing like this:

GlitchDex
AttackDex
ItemDex
TypeDex
AreaDex
UnownDex
More

The predefined commands list is a database and could be found under "More".

I have a question. Are predefined commands dependent on the ROM bank in which they were called or do the predefined commands set the bank automatically? If so, it would be good to document the effects for different banks.

As far as I can tell, they depend on the bank, what's running, screen data, sound data, and the function called. For example, 07 is always the same, but 2E has changed…