Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

The big hex list - Page 1

The big hex list

Posted by: likebeingawesome
Date: 2017-09-18 06:53:19
So I use the big hex list alot and I feel like it needs updating to add things like quantity ids(what numbers are worth in Hexadecimal) , text and tile ids, building ids, etc. Unfortunately I am not the most knowledgeable on these subjects so I may not be of much help.

Re: The big hex list

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2017-09-18 07:54:10

So I use the big hex list alot and I feel like it needs updating to add things like quantity ids(what numbers are worth in Hexadecimal) , text and tile ids, building ids, etc. Unfortunately I am not the most knowledgeable on these subjects so I may not be of much help.

Quantity IDs are on the table already if you look under decimal (ID) and refer to the other fields like hexadecimal (ID), ASM instruction on the row.

Adding what the glitch tiles in hexadecimal mean for every tileset sounds good though. :)

There is a tileblock dex already actually that was done by the people at PRAMA, but we might not have a tiledex.

http://glitchcity.info/wiki/File:TileBlockDex.png

Posted by: likebeingawesome
Date: 2017-09-18 12:33:40
So other things I thought of that should be on the table are type ids and the ids the game uses for trainer battles (If that's how it works)

Date: 2017-09-18 16:28:48

So other things I thought of that should be on the table are type ids and the ids the game uses for trainer battles (If that's how it works)

That's a good idea re: types :). I think the only issue with adding more columns is that it can restrict the space available to view on one page without having to scroll (i.e. with ).

With trainer battles all wild Pokémon IDs decimal 200-255 (hexadecimal: C9-FF) automatically become trainers when an encounter is initiated and a Pokémon hasn't already been sent out.

I believe 200 is actually glitch trainer class 0. 201 is Youngster, 202 is Bug Catcher (class 1, 2) and so on with 248-255 also being glitch Trainer classes (this split is on the table but may be hard to notice at first). Perhaps with a Game Genie code you could access otherwise unavailable classes with IDs which -200 are 56+, but I don't know much more about how this works and you might not be able to do it without modifying the ROM (which the Game Genie simulates by essentially making temporary ROM patches).

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2017-09-18 20:45:05
I just took a look.

It seems if you're willing to replicate the initial battle initialisation code, put the trainer class index in the a register then jump to the middle of InitBattleCommon, you can set up a trainer battle with any trainer class.

https://github.com/pret/pokered/blob/7a9a1b1e55f4a7f6c339a86d8cdb7fbf1bee7838/engine/battle/core.asm#L6861

To be more clear, your payload would be doing everything up to the bankswitched call to InitBattleVariables, setting the a register then jumping to [tt]ld [wTrainerClass],a[/tt].

Date: 2017-09-19 06:30:00

I just took a look.

It seems if you're willing to replicate the initial battle initialisation code, put the trainer class index in the a register then jump to the middle of InitBattleCommon, you can set up a trainer battle with any trainer class.

https://github.com/pret/pokered/blob/7a9a1b1e55f4a7f6c339a86d8cdb7fbf1bee7838/engine/battle/core.asm#L6861

To be more clear, your payload would be doing everything up to the bankswitched call to InitBattleVariables, setting the a register then jumping to [tt]ld [wTrainerClass],a[/tt].

Awesome. Thanks Wack0! It seems that possibly TrainerClassDex could be yet another project then. :)
Thinking about it we could add TheZZAZZGlitch's trainer data (as a TrainerDex) to the wiki as well.