Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Wiki Discussion

Slot machine behaviors - Page 1

Slot machine behaviors

Posted by: bbbbbbbbba
Date: 2019-10-09 19:40:29
The behaviors of slot machines in the Game corners are so much more complicated than meets the eye (Gen I, Gen II), and with many oddities that may be considered as glitches. However, our wiki's documentation of them is woefully incomplete. Presumably this is because: (1) It is difficult to argue whether any specific oddity should be a glitch, given that those behaviors are intended to be obscure, and (2) it is difficult to even describe any particular glitch about the slot machines without first explaining their behaviors in normal cases.

Given this, should we just have pages titled "Slot machine behaviors (Generation N)", with a section named "Oddities" or "Potential glitches", and let the readers decide for themselves whether they should count?

Re: Slot machine behaviors

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-10-10 02:41:10

The behaviors of slot machines in the Game corners are so much more complicated than meets the eye (Gen I, Gen II), and with many oddities that may be considered as glitches. However, our wiki's documentation of them is woefully incomplete. Presumably this is because: (1) It is difficult to argue whether any specific oddity should be a glitch, given that those behaviors are intended to be obscure, and (2) it is difficult to even describe any particular glitch about the slot machines without first explaining their behaviors in normal cases.

Given this, should we just have pages titled "Slot machine behaviors (Generation N)", with a section named "Oddities" or "Potential glitches", and let the readers decide for themselves whether they should count?
ooh, hold up, relevant media incoming:
Gen 1: https://youtu.be/u4fjbJnz7O4
Gen 2: https://youtu.be/ojq3xqfRF6I

(for context for new readers seeing this thread)

Re: Slot machine behaviors

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-10-10 08:05:26

Sounds wise. Yes.