Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Writing

Does this sound like a good story? - Page 1

Does this sound like a good story?

Posted by: d3ad connection
Date: 2007-08-31 20:50:28
This is my English assignment: Make a story using the following vocabulary words: annal, epic, landlocked, inconspicious, demoralize, replenish, negotiate, intact, extremity.

What do you think of it? :)

Barrera, Miguel
English I
Mr. Aldrich
31 August 2007

Story Vocab.

A couple of friends and I packed up some bags, ski masks, and headed off in a van. We were bored, and we wanted attention, lots of it. We wanted to be an famous annal in the history books. So we headed towards the nearest bank.

We were expected to be the next epic thing to happen in our city. Since we lived in a landlocked, small city, it wasn?t going to be too hard. We finally arrived at the bank. We didn?t put on the ski masks yet, because we wanted to be inconspicuous until the actual event happened. We all dispersed from the van, hiding our things, and entered the building. The cameras were disabled via remote hacking by another guy in the group.  Nobody saw us coming.

We threw on the masks, pulled out the guns, and we pointed them at the tellers, neutralizing the guards with the butt of our monsterous double-barreled shotguns, and suddenly we realized we had demoralized the entire place. All of us we?re calm throughout the whole thing. We tossed the bags at the tellers, politely telling them to fill them up with money. Once they filled the bags, I took one, looked at it, held a few dollars to light and realized they were fake!

I emptied the bags,  and told the cashier to replenish them with real money, still being polite. She asked why we were doing this. I kindly explained to her.

The police had arrived by that time, and we knew they?d be coming with a lot of firepower. They would probably try to negotiate with us, but we already agreed not to give in. We took the remaining bags, and headed toward the van. The police had been waiting to ambush us, and began shooting! They took out 2 of my friends, so it was only me and the hacker guy. We quickly hopped into the vehicle and drove off while they chased us in hot pursuit, and prayed the car, after taking so many hits, would still be intact. Sadly, later down the road, they bumped us from behind, and we crashed into a ditch.

Much later the police went to interrogate one of the tellers, and she said ?I don?t know why they went to such extremity just to get attention.?

Re: Does this sound like a good story?

Posted by: Godofdeath19
Date: 2007-08-31 21:00:38
Unless it's creative writing I hate it.  I hate it when my teachers make up stuff for me to write about.  I failed a math class last year because I did all the work in my head. What's so bad about fucking doing the work in your head?

Date: 2007-08-31 21:11:00
I know how you feel. I hate that shit too…

You just got to be creative around the rules they set :)

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-08-31 21:26:10
That is fucking awesome man nice job.

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2007-08-31 21:59:04

Unless it's creative writing I hate it.  I hate it when my teachers make up stuff for me to write about.  I failed a math class last year because I did all the work in my head. What's so bad about f**king doing the work in your head?

ask my dad, he did the same thing you did… and dropped out of high school 3 times. he was WAY to smart for them.

Date: 2007-08-31 22:00:47

Thanks!

You know, when I finished, all I could think was "I WIN! :D"

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-08-31 22:09:16

Thanks!

You know, when I finished, all I could think was "I WIN! :D"

No problem, fo sho' you will win ;).

Date: 2007-09-02 10:48:36
I just realized I posted this in the wrong board!

*moved*