Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Writing

Kanasai - Glitch at Cianwood City - Page 1

Kanasai - Glitch at Cianwood City

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2010-06-19 18:36:45
This story is related to the world of Infinitysphere, a Mega Crossover. Kanasai is the name we came up with for the Pokemon World.

I may or may not continue it in subsequent chapters, but I've been writing in a format of short stories that works better for me than writing really long stories.

"Oh no! Marcus has been turned into a blocky… jumbled… thing!" That was Farius' reaction when Marcus was propelled backwards by a colorful, static-y L block. It was supposedly a "glitch Pokemon", but it certainly seemed very dangerous.

That ended Leci's flashback of the event, as she watched in horror before she was suddenly knocked out by some unknown cause, and woke up in the hospital. She was questioned by the Team Rocket executive about what had happened.

It all started out when she and two other Team Rocket grunts were commissioned to investigate a portal rift at Cianwood City, Johto on the Pokemon world of Kanasai. The scientists claimed it led to the Glitch Dimension, although they didn't say how exactly they found out without being within 20 meters of it.

Although they protested and tried to make excuses to preserve the integrity of their bodies, they failed under threat of being "terminated", which was an euphemism for something much more horrible than being fired, its previous meaning, and so they grudgingly went.

When they arrived, they found people screaming and running away from them. "You'd think Team Rocket would have a lot less problems if its employees weren't required to wear the uniforms with such a big and obvious R on them…" Marcus remarked.

With the city locking themselves in their own houses, they passed through relatively easily. However, police officers ambushed them as they were approaching the south side of the city in a minor street, yelling "Freeze!"

"Dude, we're not committing any crime!" Farius said.

"Team Rocket members are not welcome here." one of the police officers angrily said. He was pointing a baton at them. "We don't want Pokemon thieves here!"

"We're not just Pokemon thieves anymore…" Marcus retorted.

"Don't you have a glitch rift that you would like us to take off of your hands?" Leci said, trying to rectify the situation.

"Well… yes. But that's none of your business!"

"Well, our Team Rocket executive says it is our business, so we will have a look at it." Marcus said, sending out a Cloyster. "Ice Beam!"

The police officers stumbled backwards in horror as the stream of ice shot at them and engulfed them. They then became encased in a large block of ice.

When they finally arrived at the portal, which was on a beach, the surrounding sand appeared to grow more pixelly and off-colored as it got closer to it.

"So… that's it?" Leci asked.

"I suppose. I think one of us is supposed to look inside the portal." Marcus replied.

Moments passed as they stood in silence. Nobody wanted to do it. Finally, Leci proposed they do a round of rock-paper-scissors to decide who has to go. Three counts and Leci and Marcus came up with scissors, while Farius chose paper.

"…Why is it always me?" Farius exclaimed.

"Sorry, dude. You have to look into the portal." Marcus said.

Farius groaned loudly, and Leci pushed him towards the portal. He then walked slowly to it, each step reluctant. When he stood one and a half meters away from it, he exclaimed, "Hey guys, I can see very far through the portal! Random, floating clusters of colorful blocks as far as the eye can see. Can I go back now?"

"Get close to it." Marcus said, rolling his eyes.

Farius groaned again, and continued walking. But, it was only two steps before there was a huge flash, with a glitch Pokemon leaping out. Out of fright, he staggered backwards, turned the other way, and ran, before stopping some distance behind Leci and Marcus. They were staring at the Pokemon with shocked faces as well.

Marcus quickly pulled out his Pokedex and aimed the device at it. It said its name was "Missingno.", and that it weighted 1590.8 kilograms and was 3 meters high. "That's absurd!" he exclaimed. "It is obviously only about one meter high, and it weights more than three Snorlax combined?"

The Missingno. shot a powerful stream of water at them, appearing to be the move Water Gun, and they were knocked down. Luci jumped back up, and sent out her Sunkern. "Razor Leaf!"

The Sunkern spun many sharp-looking leaves at the Missingno, and it was soon taken down.

Marcus seemed to find this extremely odd. "W-huh? You didn't have a type advantage! It was a Normal and a… Bird type. Whatever that is. Also it was at an extremely high level."

Immediately, another glitch Pokemon came out of the portal. It seemed different, but it was similarly L-shaped like the Missingno.

Marcus looked at his Pokedex again to find out if the Pokemon was the same or different, but it returned a bunch of glitched jumble that didn't provide a coherent name. "That explains why they call it 'glitch' Pokemon…"

Leci sent out a Electabuzz as well, assuming that this Pokemon was also a "Bird" type. She thought "Bird"-type Pokemon would be similar to Flying-type Pokemon. "Thunder Punch!"

To this, Marcus yelled, "No!", but it was too late as the Electabuzz was already dashing at the glitch Pokemon with an electrified fist. The punch connected with the glitch, and the lightning bolts transferred into it. But suddenly, the Electabuzz was sent flying backwards, and the Pokemon let out a horrifying cry. The surrounding areas became blockier. Fortunately, the Electabuzz seemed to not have been majorly harmed.

The Team Rocket grunts were unsettled by this. Marcus resolved to finish off the Pokemon with only special attacks. "Use special types and moves! They do not touch the glitch!" He sent out his Noctowl, and commanded it to use Air Slash.

By this time, Leci's Sunkern was shooting more razor leaves, and her Electabuzz was using Shock Wave. The Noctowl took off and swooped in close to the glitch Pokemon, and sent a bolt of air at it. The glitch Pokemon seemed mostly unresponsive to all of this.

Suddenly, the glitch Pokemon let out another terrifying cry, and their environment became even more distorted… glitchy. With that also sent an odd blocky air blast at the grunts and their Pokemon, that didn't have much of an effect.

"Charge up!" Leci exclaimed. Sunkurn obliged and stopped, seeming to glow a growing amount of radiant energy.

By this time Farius also had a Sneasel out, and it was using Icy Wind. Noctowl swooped in once again, and air slashed a second time with no ill effects. The glitch Pokemon just stood there receiving these assaults, then responded with a sudden flash of multiple orb-like lights trailing up along its side. That too seemed to do nothing.

"Solar Beam!" Leci commanded, and her Sunkurn shot a bright beam of light at the glitch Pokemon, which actually knocked it down for a moment before it stood back up.

The Noctowl swooped in again, but then it suddenly lost color and became a grayish, greenish tan for a moment before becoming striped and disappearing into dissolving blocks.

Marcus gasped. "What just happened?! What the fuck did you just do?!?!" he screamed. Impulsively, out of sudden rage, he dashed at the glitch Pokemon. That's when it ended badly.

And that's what led to Leci being in the hospital. She finished recounting her story, and the nurse came in with a solemn look on her face.

"What's wrong?" Leci asked, concerned.

"Your body seems to have been scrambled internally. We aren't sure how you're still alive, really." the nurse said.

"…Oh."

"On a tone of better news, your apparently cowardly coworker seems to have caught the glitch Pokemon by a stroke of luck." the Team Rocket executive said, sitting by her bed. "We may be able to find out why your body is scrambled, and restore it."

"I suppose."

"But it isn't certain."

Re: Kanasai - Glitch at Cianwood City

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2010-06-19 18:38:10
I hate it. Get it off of here. *Shot for sarcasm*

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-06-19 18:50:21
That's good.

Can you write me in as one of my OC's, Neal Speed?

Posted by: Kyoukipichi
Date: 2010-06-19 19:22:21

Can you write me in as one of my OC's, Neal Speed?

I don't generally take requests for writing stories or inserting characters.