Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Writing

Ode To A Nether God Redux - Page 1

Ode To A Nether God Redux

Posted by: FullMetalGlitch
Date: 2012-06-17 13:56:47
Warning, there is some disturbing content near the end of this. You've been warned.

My darkened surroundings were heavily tinged with green as I felt my heavy-lidded eyes slowly open. All I could hear, see, or feel was this repugnantslime surrounding and contorting around my body. Despite the fact I could open and close my eyes as well as breathe, I couldnt move. In fact, I couldnt even twitch; it was as if I were trapped in ice. My vision began to focus, and I could begin to barely make out the interior of a small laboratory room as I struggled to see past the unwanted slime. Every now and then, I could occasionally hear the beeps of a machine keeping my heartbeat in check. How did I get in here? Most importantly, why was I in here?
As if answering my question without words, the door outside slid open, and a tall, lanky scientist shrouded in a dirtied lab coat slunk over to my confinement. He studied me closely; and I watched patiently as he scribbled down some notes on paper. He slipped the paper into a small manila folder and made his way out of the room, looking back at me as if I were some sort of monster. I could literally see the fear worming its way throughout his eyes as he regarded me. I sighed, once more alone, and I closed my eyes as I felt the intoxicating sleep come over me.

Before I could even react, I felt the gel drain away, and my tired body fell to the bottom of the tube. I still could do nothing as the tube opened and dumped me out in the floor. I felt a small hand wipe me free of the disgusting liquid before offering out a hand. Still trying to awaken, I took the humans hand I could now discern the human was, in fact, a child and let them assist me to a level position. I looked at myself through the reflection of the tube as it closed, and I discerned myself: I was a dark ghost with lumpy, stubby hands, two massive, pupil-free eyes, and worst of all, a hellish, toothless smile.
The human tapped me, and I turned, for my attention was piqued. Now that I had taken a good look at them, this one seemed to be rather young and male. His brown hair barely touched his eyebrows as he studied my, curiosity in his eyes. He stammered a bit, and said, D-Daddy said you were a Marowak, and Daddy was studying you. Daddy wont have you anymore; youre free, Marowak.
If I had had an eyebrow, it likely would have raised to the ceiling. Im no Marowak; I am Missingno, a nether god. I create, and I multiply. The child giggled upon hearing this, and in irritation, I responded, For years, your puny men failed to capture methat is, until just days ago.  Just now, you have released me from the confines of that immobilizing substance, and I thank you for it. I took notice of the window, and I looked to the child. Would you kindly open that? It would please me greatly to be free once more.
With a smile crossing his face, the little child strode over to the window in short bounds and opened it quickly. H-Here you go. I nodded my thanks to the child, and as I went to exit, I planted a small, blinking device on the window. I closed the window for the child, waving a farewell and I turned to depart. As I began to drift away into the small island of Cinnabar, I could hear shouts coming from the laboratory.
BOOM.
The whole laboratory went up in smoke and flames as the bomb I had planted on the window detonated. Humans are so easy to fool, so compassionate to their most underlying traitors. I looked back at the burning, hulking remains of my former confines with a smug grin, and I looked towards the waters of the east coast. I moved towards it, and with a laugh, I sank into the water, waiting for a human to walk by. I wanted to feed.
I wanted flesh.

SEVERAL MONTHS LATER

Ash Ketchum stepped off of the small ferry as he waved his goodbye to the kindly old captain of the ship. The ship zoomed off as he stepped onto Cinnabar Island, the familiar sights catching his eyes as usual. His Pikachu was perky with excitement as it wriggled onto Ashs shoulder. However, Pikachu also seemed tense, as if it sensed something very, very wrong on the horizon. Ash, noticing the tension in Pikachu, ruffled his fur and laughed, saying, Relax, little buddy, Im pretty confident nothings going to happen. Reassured by these words, Pikachu cried out softly as Ash began to stride towards the inside of Cinnabar Island.

I patiently watched from the deep water as I saw the hat-donning boy walk into the innards of the small town. Finally, a victim to feed upon, a living vector of flesh. Something I desired greatly. But most of all, that Pikachu. It looked small and slightly fattened, as if it lived lavishly. I would certainly savor the taste of it.

Ash, growing bored of the city, decided to take a walk along the east coast of Cinnabar. As he emerged from the concrete sprawl onto the beach, he noticed that it was deserted. Forcing back the little shiver of dread he felt creeping up his spine, he strode out onto the shore, and began to pace back and forth. Pikachu, deciding it neededa little movement, jumped off of Ash and began to walk behind him. This continued for several minutes, until-
PIKA!
Ash whirled to see what was wrong, and all he saw was Pikachus tail disappearing into the water. Pikachu!? Pikachu! Ash cried out in desperation as he noticed his partner had disappeared into the ocean. He thought it was likely a Tentacool that would end up getting shocked by Pikachu, so he waited for a few minutes. After a while, Ash grew concerned, for he knew that Pikachu usually would have incapacitated the Tentacool and returned to shore. What was wrong?
The sight he saw, and his subsequent cry of terror was enough to answer his question in a grisly manner. Pikachus limp, lifeless body washed up on shore, and Ash began to hyperventilate as he noticed Pikachus eyes had been torn from his face, and his ears had been savaged. He was missing large chunks of flesh from his body, and Ash held back the urge to scream as he stared down at the blood-mottled remains of what was his once his best friend.
He searched for the perpetrator, and his answer came rising out of the water in the form of a 5 foot tall ghost. Its massive hands flexed as its grin stretched even wider than it normally wouldve. Ash fumbled for his Pokedex, despite the fact he would be unable to battle, and the Pokedex grimly responded, Missingno, the Missing Pokemon. No data has been recorded on this Pokemon. Extreme caution is to be exercised around this Pokemon As the Pokedex spoke that final line, Missingno sneered and lurched at Ash, cutting his blood-curdling scream off with a sickening crunch.

Redone from the original, and rounded out far better. Thoughts?