Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Writing

Pokemon: The Tale of Trainer Orange. - Page 1

Pokemon: The Tale of Trainer Orange.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-06-04 16:02:58

[size=18pt]Chapter 1[/size]

[size=14pt]The adventure begins[/size]

The world is funny how it changes. I remember life being simple, and only was aware about what was around me in Viridian City. I was only 8 studying all I could so I could pass the test. I remember the flame within me, burning from how much I wanted to be the very best. My friends and I talked a lot about what Pokemon we wanted and how we would beat the Elite Four. Back then there was no champion, we all had an equal shot at achieving this one goal. Our classes were simple, we mostly learned about how to take care of your Pokemon if its hurt, poisoned, asleep, and so on, but also about the different types we knew at the time. There were only 15 confirmed types we knew at the time, because in a little town called Pallet town, just south of us, had only a small group of researchers who started the studies of Pokemon.
    I remember my 10th birthday like it was yesterday, I didn't even say a word to my parents, I rushed out the door and went to my school and I requested to take that test as soon as I could. They told me I could take it the next day, but I urged them and was able to take it in the next hour. Once I turned it in, I remember how great I felt having that B+ and taking it home like it was a badge. When I got home I ranted and raved of how I was going to do it, and how close I already was. My parents congratulated me happily, but suddenly their expression changed. We sat down and they asked me if I was sure this is what I wanted to do. I hesitated for a second, but replied of course. I originally wanted to get my first Pokemon that day, but I decided spend the rest of the day with my family, because I knew tomorrow I was going out on my own. I remember the silence in the house the next morning, it was quieter than anything I ever experienced in my life. They gave me a final goodbye, [img]http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/e/e1/Pokedollar.png[/img]300, and a Town Map.
  The first place I went was the Poke Mart down the street. I looked at what they had to sell, magazines, potions, televisions, and finally what I was looking for, pokeballs. I looked at the price of [img]http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/e/e1/Pokedollar.png[/img]200, and my jaw dropped. I only had [img]http://images.wikia.com/pokemon/images/e/e1/Pokedollar.png[/img]300, meaning I could only afford one measly ball that may or may not work. I sadly payed the price, because I had to have my first Pokemon no matter what. I left the store and tried to think of what Pokemon would aid me on my newfound journey. I knew there was Rattatas and Pidgeys everywhere around Viridian City, but I watched trainers fight with them at the local gym before the gym leader went on vacation, and they weren't impressive in the slightest. I suddenly remembered seeing a Mankey just West of the town, and so I ran as fast as I could over there.
  I ran so fast I forgot to look where I was going and bumped into a kid with a red hat. We fell flat on the ground and I lifted my head to see that he had a pokeball. I apologized and ended up talking to him, and found out that he was just starting out too. He had a Charmander, and he even let him out so I could see it for myself. I knew they were a popular Pokemon to start out with, but I never saw one in person until that day. He asked me about where the nearest Poke Center was, and I pointed it out to him. He ran while telling me that I wouldn't be able to get into the Elite Four without any gym badges, and I waved goodbye.
  I finally got to the location I saw the Mankey, and crept up into the grass. A Spearow flew away, and some Nidoran's and Nidoran's scurried away from me. I looked in that thick grass for what seemed to be hours, and after moving some huge grass bristles aside, I saw a Mankey, crouched down and eating some berries. My heart rate went wild, and I lowered my breathe so I wouldn't scare it. My hands were shaking like no tomorrow and finally summoned up the strength to grab the pokeball in my pocket. I threw it as hard as I could, but I forgot to hit the button in the center. The Mankey made an ear splitting scream and looked back at me with a horrifying glare. Everything in my body told me to run away, even my brain said to, but I held my ground out of shock. It showed its claws and charged at me, and I snapped myself back into action and hurled my body out of the way, causing him to fall to the ground. I too hit the ground which hurt my legs, making me incapable of getting up, but the Mankey got up like it was nothing. I pulled my body to get closer to the pokeball while the livid Mankey was looking where I went. He finally spotted me and charged faster than before, and I grabbed the pokeball, pressed the button, and threw it. The ball hit my stomach, and I let out a groan of pain. The pokeball was moving, and I knew that if he got out, it would all be over. I remember how long those 5 seconds were, anticipating my death at a young age, to be relieved by the miracle of the ball stopping. I, Orange, was now an official Pokemon trainer.