Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Writing

The Adventures of the Pichu Brothers, Episode 1: Crop Crisis! - Page 1

The Adventures of the Pichu Brothers, Episode 1: Crop Crisis!

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-10-14 16:54:11
It was another quiet day in PokéTown. The Starly were singing, the sun was shining, and there was a slight breeze in the air. It was a perfect day.

At the back of PokéTown, in a house atop a hill, lived the Pichu brothers. Theyre twins, which makes identifying them complete hell for people.

Zak is the older brother. He lacks anything resembling common sense, and basically lives life as if it were a cartoon. Spike, on the other hand, is much smarter, to the point where he is the reason 2+2 equals 4 and 5. Its nigh impossible to tell them apart, other than their voices. Even then, they impersonated each other fairly often. Zak was once driven to an existential crisis because of this, but it lasted about five minutes.

One morning, the brothers were watching the news. Zak was eating peanut butter on toast, his favorite meal. The news reporters were a Kricketot, a Cyndaquil, and a Mudkip served as the weatherman.

Kricketot:
This just in: Im awesome.

Cyndaquil:
And now to the real story: A Pidgeotto has been destroying farmer Bidoofs crops. The bird
grabs some with its talons, and then flies away.

Amateur film was shown of a Pidgeotto doing exactly that, making a piercing screech noise as it grabbed the food.

Cyndaquil:
Aside from Bidoofs nervous breakdown hes having over this, many Pokémon are concerned that, should this keep up, PokéTowns food supply will diminish. Many are wondering what should be done to stop the Pidgeotto. And now, heres Mudkip with the weather.

Mudkip:
ITSGONNARAIN!

Cyndaquil:
Thanks, Mudkip. And now this!

Zak:
Aint that something.

Spike:
Yeah. Somebodys gotta do something, and soon. But Pidgeotto are so territorial, itll take awhile for someone to stand up to it.

At that point, Zak had an idea.

Zak:
What if we stop Pidgeotto?

Spike gave his brother a look of derision.

Spike:
You must be joking. How would we stop the bird? Its not like were superheroes or anything.

Zak went over to a closet and started rummaging through it. Spike walked over to see what he was looking for, and Zak soon pulled out blue goggles and a cape.

Zak:
Aha!

He put the goggles on his head and tied the cape around his neck. He pulled the goggles down over his eyes, and declared

Zak:
The Pichu Brothers may not be able to stop Pidgeotto, but the Pichubrothersum, wait.

Spike knew where his brother was going with this idea, but he didnt want to acknowledge it.

Zak:
Okay, Ive got it now! As regular Pichu, were nobody. But when we work together, put on these silly costumes, and become heroes, we can be something!

Spike:
Please tell me this isnt going where I think its going.

Zak reached into the closet and grabbed an oscillating fan. He jumped on the top of the couch and put the fan nearby, and turned it on. The small airflow blew his cape to his side.

Zak:
When trouble calls, we will be there to answer! When Pokémon need our help, well give it to em! We will be the heroes PokéTown deserves! I am Pichu-Man, AND I! AM! CANADIAN!

Spike went over and turned the fan off.

Spike:
Thats a nice speech and all, but I really dont think you have what it takes to be a hero. Besides, Pichu-Man? Thats way too obvious.

Zak had an exasperated look, and he didnt even try to hide it. He made an effort to slightly acknowledge what his sibling said, following it up with

Zak:
You can join, if ya want.

Spike pretended to be excited.

Spike:
Oh boy, I can? Can I have a superhero name that totally doesnt give my identity away?

Zak was completely oblivious to the sarcasm.

Zak:
Sure! From now on, thou shall be-ethPichu-Lad!

Spike:
Pichu-Lad? I think Pichu-Boy sounds a lot better.

Zak:
Okay then! From now on, thou shall be-eth Pichu-Boy!

Spike rolled his eyes in disdain. He knew he couldnt talk Zak out of this ridiculous idea, and although he absolutely didnt want to, he decided to play along. He went into the closet and looked for a costume of his own, deciding to use a green mask and a green twin-tailed scarf. After putting on his getup, he and Pichu climbed onto the roof of their home.

Spike:
Well have a great view from up here. Theres no way Pidgeotto will escape our sight.

Moments later, the titular bird swooped over them, storming right for Bidoofs farm.

Zak:
OH MY GOD IS THAT A HO-OH?!

Spike:
There goes Pidgeotto! After it!

The two ran down the hill and through the streets of PokéTown, arriving at the outskirts, where Bidoofs farm was.

Bidoof was utterly despairing over what was happening. His misery was so great, he didnt even care that the people who came to help looked totally ridiculous.

Bidoof:
Youve gotta do somethin! That dang bird wont stop taking my food! Ive tried to shoo it away myself, butbut

The gopher broke down and cried while he explained the situation.

Zak:
Dont worry, Bibarel! Well stop that Pidgeotto!

Bidoof:
Im Bidoof.

Zak:
Either way, were good to go!

Pidgeotto swirled around for a bit, watching Zak and Spike. The bird landed on the roof of Bidoofs barn, glaring at the electric rodents.

Pidgeotto:
Youll stop me?! Thats adorable. Come and get some!

Zak:
ITS ON!

Pichu-Man and Pichu-Boy ran over and jumped up onto Bidoofs roof to confront the bird. Bidoof walked over and begged

Bidoof:
Please try not to damage my barn too much.

Spike:
Dont worry, your barn is safe in our hands!

Pidgeotto:
Do you really think you can stop me? That wheat-jockey couldnt, and you certainly wont!

Zak:
Dems fightin words!

Pichu-Man dashed towards Pidgeotto with a Quick Attack, but the avian took to the sky and avoided the strike with ease. Spike used the same attack, but he was much faster than his brother. He jumped and tackled Pidgeotto out of the air, sending them hurdling down to the barns roof.

Bidoof:
That promise didnt last long.

Crash! Spike and Pidgeotto fell through the roof, giving it a large hole. A few shingles fell down with them, onto the ground. Hay was scattered about, and there were a few blocks of it in the back corners. Zak jumped down and joined the fray.

Pidgeotto:
Gah! Youre much stronger than I anticipated.

Spike:
Thanks!

Pidgeotto stood up, but her right leg was broken during the fall, making her limp.

Pidgeotto:
Look at what you did! You insolent little

The bird took to the sky again, but flew out through the barns door at blinding speed. Zak and Spike took after her, but she was nowhere to be seen once they were outside.

Zak:
Where on earth could she be?

His question was soon answered when Pidgeotto swooped down and grabbed them with her talons. She flew over the wheat field and threw the brothers into a tree. Bam! They slumped to the floor, defeated. The attack was so great that they could barely stand.

Suddenly, they heard chirping. The brothers looked up and saw a nest on one of the tree branches. A baby Pidgey looked down at the duo.

Pidgeotto went back and stole some of Bidoofs crops, then returned to the nest and delivered the wheat to her babies.

Zak:
You were stealing the food to feed your children?

Pidgeotto:
Yes! Is that so hard to believe?

She was still angry at the duo, particularly Spike.

Spike:
We had no idea, honest.

Pidgeotto:
Why else would I steal food?

Zak:
To build the flimsiest house in the world?

Pidgeotto chuckled at Zaks comment. Almost immediately, her anger subsided.

Pidgeotto:
I suppose stealing the crops wasnt the best idea, but I have no idea where else I would get food.

Spike:
Theres a berry tree not to far from the barn. Bidoof grows them, too.

Pidgeotto:
Seriously? That wouldve been useful information three days ago.

Bidoof came rushing over, ready to berate the bird.

Bidoof:
You! You no-good wheat thief, you! How dare you steal food from my family!

Pidgeotto:
I sincerely apologize, farmer Bidoof. Rest assured, I will not attack you again.

Bidoof took Pidgeottos apology to heart, then turned his attention to Zak and Spike.

Bidoof:
And you two! Youre gonna patch the hole you put in my roof! Got it?

Zak:
Got it? Im looking forward to it.

Bidoof nodded, then went back to his home.

Pidgeotto:
I apologize to you, as well. How may I make it up to you?

Spike:
I should be the one apologizing to you. I did break your leg, after all.

Pidgeotto:
Fair enough. How about, if we ever need something from each other, we just let each other know?

Zak:
That works, I suppose. Anyway, we should probably get home. Fresh Prince of Goldenrod City comes on in, like, half an hour.

The brothers and Pidgeotto gave their goodbyes, then went their separate ways.

The End.