Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Writing

Poems - Page 1

Poems

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2019-02-19 10:15:18
Make your own poems. :)

The wolf ever wishing she was loose. Hatred in her soul, she became a recluse. Little did she know love would come. Then she realized all was done.

"Wise Buddha what does it mean to be yourself?" The Buddha provides a completely white, blank piece of paper. "Here, write it!"

Re: Poems

Posted by: Parzival
Date: 2019-02-19 10:55:30
I have quite a few good ones from back when I was in like 8th grade, but they all have graphics to help them make sense (or are tied to the graphics and lose the impact if typed out).

Date: 2019-02-19 11:15:00

I have quite a few good ones from back when I was in like 8th grade, but they all have graphics to help them make sense (or are tied to the graphics and lose the impact if typed out).

Cool :) sounds nice.

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-02-19 17:31:29
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
All your base
Are belong to us.

Date: 2019-02-20 05:39:34

Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
All your base
Are belong to us.

Gold :P

Posted by: CowgirlXena
Date: 2019-03-01 08:43:08

Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
All your base
Are belong to us.

Lol been a long time since Ive seen that all your base meme.

Im not the greatest at poems lol but I do like the idea of writing one sometime.

Posted by: Raven Freak
Date: 2019-03-01 15:59:12
I have some old cringy, emo poems that I posted at Titans Go back when it was still online. Here they are, this was back when I was 18/19 years old. :V Be very weary when reading these, I warn you they're not the best. (Kitty is my girlfriend's nickname btw. Her and I are still together and have been for almost 10 years now.)

My Poem to Kitty
Like yours, mine aches.
I long to see you again, to have you in my arms, to hug and to kiss you.
And to be with you forever, with no boundaries.
I really want to see you soon, so soon. I love you babe, now and forever, don't forget that.

Darkness
He sets there alone
in the darkness
just waiting
waiting for her to return
but deep down he knows
he knows she isn't coming back
but he just sets there
sets there alone in the darkness
waiting for her to return

Death Angel
Death angel come take me away
For I cant take it anymore!
I cant take not seeing her face.
I cant take not talking to her any longer!
Come take my soul.
Free it, free myself from this hellish life.
Let me take my never ending slumber.
Let those that have forgotten, remember me.
Just end it all forevermore!

There's more, but they are emo just like these ones I posted and quite cringy. xD If you want me to, I'll share them in another post. :P

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2019-03-01 17:16:44
Ode to the Mammoth Cheese, by James McIntyre:

We have seen the Queen of cheese,
Laying quietly at your ease,
Gently fanned by evening breeze –
Thy fair form no flies dare seize.

All gaily dressed soon you'll go
To the great Provincial Show,
To be admired by many a beau
In the city of Toronto.

Cows numerous as a swarm of bees –
Or as the leaves upon the trees –
It did require to make thee please,
And stand unrivalled Queen of Cheese.

May you not receive a scar as
We have heard that Mr. Harris
Intends to send you off as far as
The great World's show at Paris.

Of the youth – beware of these –
For some of them might rudely squeeze
And bite your cheek; then songs or glees
We could not sing o' Queen of Cheese.

We'rt thou suspended from baloon,
You'd cast a shade, even at noon;
Folks would think it was the moon
About to fall and crush them soon.

Posted by: CowgirlXena
Date: 2019-03-04 17:36:37
I'm tired of the snow in Idaho
And don't get me started on the cold
Oh won't anything end this terrible woe
Eh, can't complain, I got a laptop soooooo

^short impromtu poem lol

Date: 2019-04-02 17:09:02
This is about the concept of reversal and complementary opposites, disregarded as falsities or paradoxes also feminism and how it may change to masculism and then repeat (masculism to feminism again) potentially (yet this is not just about gender, apes and robots could start a revolution for instance).

Past/future
The 'moon' is just as powerful as the 'sun', as though 'she' does not have the (physical) power through 'her' own reflection 'she' becomes just as powerful as 'him', the 'sun', then the cycle returns. Did 'she' really not have the power, 'she' had 'her' spiritual selfhood power all along in its mighty. And 'she' equally too is also the 'sun' if 'she' please and therefore 'she' is.

Future/past
The 'sun' is just as powerful as the 'moon', as though 'he' does not have the (physical) power through 'his' own reflection 'he' becomes just as powerful as 'her', the 'moon', then the cycle returns. Did 'he' really not have the power, 'he' had 'his' spiritual selfhood power all along in its mighty. And 'he' equally too is also the 'moon' if 'he' please and therefore 'he' is.

Date: 2019-05-06 15:36:33
What identifying traditionally woman socially for me is this: Women like people who can channel anima with confidence.
Because the essence is greater than the source. You know; the stereotype of a man who fights for you no matter what. Both men and women can do the same too with enough confidence.

How Athena sees the link between love and war: We are just signals; only animus; objectively speaking that is, spiritually we are both anima/animus. But we fight as if we had control anyway. Sometimes the road to love is simply not clear; so in our struggle we do things like eat food, make mistakes. Yet we all fight for the same thing; love, comfort, happiness.

Date: 2019-06-26 08:25:19
Poem for self-esteem:

The darkness said "No!" and then there was light.
The great apes virtue focus but they lost the war.
Despite this, they are learning like us. And now with language and attachment, we are too losing the war.
The wolf and dog simply does not care, but is faithful to its heart.
With all this, is there such a thing as evil, if all things come and go are perfect as they are?
The truest virtue then is friendship.

Date: 2019-10-27 02:27:56
This is a lovely poem by Sylvia Plath:

Nights, I squat in the cornucopia
Of your left ear, out of the wind,

Counting the red stars and those of plum-color.
The sun rises under the pillar of your tongue.
My hours are married to shadow.
No longer do I listen for the scrape of a keel
On the blank stones of the landing.

The feelings I get (personally), are like sometimes while in depression - the experience becomes the all (the counting red stars are all) - and for some things like poetry, music, mean the world - the sun rises under her tongue, but it feels her "hours are married to shadow", feelings like 'are they in vain?'. In the last section, however, it's like when the boat is moving, the landing now means nothing;- even if it's a sunny day, warm weather, 'fun' events, other admirable elements of the world, she would rather appreciate the shadow of the boat going up and down; not reaching the holiday destination and the shadow she gets to understand with her poem.

Date: 2020-02-26 04:33:45
Nature is a label for nature which is not necessarily nature as it could be the word nature but if in nature is nature (which is not nature) (Feel in a random mood ^^;)

Date: 2020-03-04 05:27:47
Tomorrow tomorrow today today yesterday. What is innovation if not original; the negative polarity of nature which we suppress: copyright, yet conversely this is covert nature too with us as the selfish gene.