Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Art

photoshop - Page 1

photoshop

Posted by: FooBot
Date: 2007-06-03 13:02:02
any1 here use it? its wat i use to make my arts such as my sigs and stuff
any suggestions as to other programs for this

Re: photoshop

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-06-04 04:42:28
Eh…….no,but it sounds cool,can you give me a link to it?

Posted by: Artic
Date: 2007-06-04 08:49:32
Photoshop is by far the most advanced type of image editing software by Adobe. nothing you can't make with it.

any other programs I would recommend is Gimp (free) and Paint.net which is just MS pain with layers, transparencies and gradients, making it slightly more useful and cool :P

Posted by: FooBot
Date: 2007-06-04 09:43:17
hehehe my photoshop was "free"

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-06-05 14:02:52
i have paint.net but i dont know how to use it :(

Posted by: Don Watermeleon
Date: 2007-06-29 21:13:07
Alright, Foobot. You know my request. I issued it in "The Final Solution" thread.

Would it trouble you too much to design said banner for yours truly? Thank you in advance, dear comrade.

Posted by: flygonlover
Date: 2007-06-30 10:09:53
Photoshop is great. That's all I have to say about it.

Posted by: Zuko 16
Date: 2007-07-13 19:39:15
I love PS! All there is to say. I currently have a lessr version of it, but soon I'm getting PS CS2 for my birthday and a pressure sensor pen-tablet to go with it. 'Tis what I need to at least teach myself graphics ignoring the fact that my High School does not offer Graphic Design classes. (yes, I'm going to be a Graphic Designer, if you did not catch that).

Most, if not all images you see these days that are edited would have been edited using PS. I really can't even begin to explain how awesome it is; it's one of those things you have to use too understand how powerful and smart it is.

Posted by: Mist-Cailus
Date: 2007-07-13 19:50:24
Paint.net is good, although I have no skills what so ever, I have seen what it is capable of, and it is FREE, we do not need people wasting money on PS, most of the stuff that can be done on PS can also be done on Paint.net, people just need to figure that out, there just isn't that much stuff explaining how to do it on Paint.net, and there i for PS.

Date: 2007-07-13 20:04:53
we do not need people wasting money on PS

I find that somewhat insulting, since I use PS and find that my money isn't waisted.

Disclaimers of Paint.net, and highpoints of PS:

* Paint.net has no animation.
* Paint.net is for Windows only (I guess Mac lovers will enjoy the awesomness of PS)
* Paint.NET is meant to work with single images composed of multiple layers that are exactly the same dimensions and only with the 32-bit color depth. So, yes, the images result in complexity, but none of the simple things that a lot of people want (ex. icons/avatars).

Since I'm not too big on Paint.net, that's all I have.  :P

Date: 2007-07-13 20:11:45
I wasn't trying to insult anyone, so you just insulted yourself, in a way, since I suck at Paint .net, I can barely do anything, but I have seen what people with "skills" have done, I have not tried PS, and my mom won't let me buy stuff off the Internet, he only thing she will buy for me is the kit to make my dreadlocks, so I can not judge whether which is better and which is not, that was just in simple words….. my opinion.

Date: 2007-07-13 20:24:20
I know you weren't trying to offend me, I'm such a fan of PS that anything negative said about it I have to object.

You can download free trials of PS from the Adobe website, if anyone is THAT interested in trying it.

Like I said, I'm not too big on Paint.net, so I haven't seen what it's capable of; only one person I know uses it, though I've never seen his work.

Date: 2007-07-13 20:32:54
Well you should check out the forums they have great deals of work done there, I think you will be interested once you check it out, they also have tutorials, that are really straight forward, and are really easy if you know the components, and you know what you are doing.

Date: 2007-07-14 15:23:24
I looked at some of the images, and they're good; though they're exactly as I pictured them: heavidly layered, complex; even the simplest images are complex.

Both programs are good when it comes to complex images. But when it comes to simplisity (sp?), PS has my vote.

*makes random image in PS*

This is what a simple PS image would look like:
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/Zukogrl/PS1.png[/img]

If something like this were to come form Paint.net, it would look something like:
[IMG]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e202/Zukogrl/P.png[/img]

Studying the images from that forum link you gave, I've seen a lot of reflections and the classic 'Lens Flare' come from Paint.net; probably a sign that the users DO want simplisity (sp?) from Paint.net.

Anyway, you said you've never used PS before. Tutorials can tell you a lot about a program so: http://www.good-tutorials.com/

I think you will be interested once you check it out

I think I'll stick with PS…Paint.net looks a lot more confusing  :o