Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Art

sigs open for requests - Page 5

Re: sigs

Posted by: FooBot
Date: 2009-07-15 03:53:18
Haven't made anything in months
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/BladeAlchemist/immolate.png[/img]

PS
Open for a while for a couple of requests if anyone is interested.
I also offer free learning rights .psds for people who want to see how something is done.
~FooBot

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-08-06 11:00:02
Do one with a Gardevoir in front of a blue-inflamed wasteland.

Date: 2009-10-09 19:47:50
I am actually going to do this one
every time I come back and make this offer I always get really busy with something.
But I have this whole weekend with no classes, and my first class on Monday is at 11AM so I swear if i cant get it done something is wrong

Posted by: Naitekiakki
Date: 2009-10-09 19:50:42
[size=1]-Gasp- Can I request something? I've been looking for a good banner artist and I've been scared to ask you. X3[/size]

Date: 2009-10-09 20:24:05
When I finish the above one

Date: 2009-10-09 21:08:25
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/BladeAlchemist/gardevoirreq.png[/img]
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/BladeAlchemist/gardevoirreq2.png[/img]
[IMG]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/BladeAlchemist/gardevoirreq2.png[/img]
I often try and provide a few different versions

Was about half done from before
Was odd picking up here
I usually avoid the bright colors, but It seems to be ok here.
I know its not very "blue" but every time I added a blue filter or hue change it just got very neony and the colors clashed and didn't
I put your name on it.

If it is not satisfactory be sure to send em a pm or post here and I can try to make alterations.

-FooBot

Date: 2009-10-09 21:09:49
Well, actually, I was thinking more she used her psychic powers to set the place on fire.

Date: 2009-10-09 21:13:24
hmmm I'll see what I can do

Date: 2009-10-14 17:48:56
Hurry up with it already!

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-10-14 17:58:12
FooBot hasn't been online since October 10th; that's why he hasn't made it yet.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-10-14 20:46:31

Hurry up with it already!

It is considered very bad practice, when someone offers to do something for you for free (with no gain whatsoever for themselves), to tell them to "hurry up already".

Date: 2009-10-14 21:20:39
It's also considered bad practice to blow off deadlines.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-14 21:30:36
I don't see any deadlines in this topic.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-10-14 22:25:46
Miller's the kind of person who thinks he has an intrinsic right to demand stuff out of people. It's quite annoying and in fact I'll recommend to FooBot that he not do anything for Miller, because people like this usually happen to be the least grateful, simply because they take it for granted.

It's the reason I tend not to give deadlines anymore, because all the Millers of GCLF (and there are more than one) are going to pounce like mad dogs with their "YOU SAID IT WOULD BE DONE BY THIS DATE AND NOW IT'S THE DAY AFTER THAT DATE YOU'RE A LIAR BAAAAWWWW" and whatnot. I say "it's done when it's done" for most GCL-related things.

I never signed any contracts saying I'd give anyone X by some date. I don't get anything out of running this site (in fact I pay $30/month for this hosting). For anyone on this community to think they have the right to demand stuff out of me or anyone else on GCLF is appalling.

That said, I took on a request for Miller a while ago because I thought I'd be nice. He demanded that I "hurry up" on it while I was on vacation and I said I'd do it when I could manage it (unlike Miller and most others on this forum I have a day job, which pays for GCL and other sites on this box). Recently I made the mistake of saying I'd try to get it done by some date and now he's having a hissy fit because real life happened to take precedence over the puerile demands of someone on a forum (as I suspect usually happens in cases like this). I even explicitly said "if I can get all this other stuff done" and he's making a fuss out of it.

I promised Miller an infobox and I'm going to deliver to him an infobox. I might do it tonight, tomorrow, Friday, or Christmas, but I'm going to avoid giving a deadline in the future.

Posted by: RevManson
Date: 2009-10-15 07:51:31
These are really cool…good job!  ;D