Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Art

This can corruppt your papercrafts. - Page 1

This can corruppt your papercrafts.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-07-24 22:09:09
LULZ.
Sorry bout that but here's the story, Today I got my new issue of NP and i always love the community section and this guy has made Gamecube,SNES and other charater 'papercrafts' and its intense. But what popped out was that he made missingno as a papercraft.
Link http://ryo007.deviantart.com/art/Missingno-Papercraft-85469004

Re: This can corruppt your papercrafts.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-07-25 20:24:12
I wonder what Nintendo Power had in response to that! :P :-X

Date: 2008-07-25 20:32:05

Lulz, well after he said that they just kept on interviewing him XD but his paper-craft making skills are epic. Im actually gonna go google on what nintendo says about Missingnumber

Date: 2008-07-25 20:36:19

Lulz, well after he said that they just kept on interviewing him XD but his paper-craft making skills are epic. Im actually gonna go google on what nintendo says about Missingnumber
But wait, what exactly did they say about the papercraft? And yes, it is awesome!

Date: 2008-07-25 20:40:10

But wait, what exactly did they say about the papercraft? And yes, it is awesome!

"How difficult is it to make your own templates? Can you describe the process?
I've made 5 of my own designs, SNES,Triforce,DK Diarama,[the pokemon] Missingno,and a MegaMan Diorama."
then he blabs on about how the snes was so hard. so nintendo didnt say anything about Missingno etc

Date: 2008-07-25 21:13:57

I've made 5 of my own designs, SNES,Triforce,DK Diarama,[the pokemon] Missingno,and a MegaMan Diorama."
then he blabs on about how the snes was so hard. so nintendo didnt say anything about Missingno etc
Heh heh, typical…just what I'd expect…

Date: 2008-07-25 21:19:13

Well it was an interview. I wonder what Nintendo has to say about our site.. OMFG I HAVE AN EPIC IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2008-07-25 22:17:00

Well it was an interview. I wonder what Nintendo has to say about our site.. OMFG I HAVE AN EPIC IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TELL US!!!! NAO!!!!

or else………..

Date: 2008-07-25 22:32:21

TELL US!!!! NAO!!!!

or else………..

okay NP has this "editoral" section AKA Player's Pulse where people send in letters and my idea was we could tell them about gclf etc. but it may not make it in the magazine

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2008-08-06 09:15:37
I had that idea too.

Then I found out just how bad I am at writing letters. I write fiction, dammit. So I balled it up and tossed in the recycling bin.

Someone once did send a letter about MissingNO. All NP said was 'What the?'.

-_- WE MUST ENLIGHTEN THE NONBELIEVERS.

Posted by: Gawaxay
Date: 2008-08-06 15:32:04
I can imagine a Nintendo Power issue now.

[tt]There's this cool site about glitches called GCL. What do you think of it?

A: Stop researching glitches immediately. Release all the glitch Pok?mon you have, because your game could get deleted. Glitch research is dangerous and not worth the risk.[/tt]

We're against Nintendo (edit: err, to rephrase that, we don't want Nintendo to know about what we're doing. We're not anti-Nintendo, but the point is, we shouldn't tell them. They'd shut us down faster than you can say, err, really fast.), remember? People telling Nintendo about glitches is why you can't save in the Safari Zone.

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-08-11 10:58:09

I can imagine a Nintendo Power issue now.

[tt]There's this cool site about glitches called GCL. What do you think of it?

A: Stop researching glitches immediately. Release all the glitch Pok?mon you have, because your game could get deleted. Glitch research is dangerous and not worth the risk.[/tt]

2-3 years later…
About three more Pok?mon games have been released. They still have pretty sucky graphics. Researchers have scoured every single byte of the coding, finding nothing. Glitch research is over.

We're against Nintendo, remember? People telling Nintendo about glitches is why you can't save in the Safari Zone. POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

Yes, let's be against the people who actually MAKE the games that we're glitching up. No logical flaws there.

Also, there's ALWAYS going to be something to work with, regardless of how hard they try.

There's no way we'd get in Nintendo Power because an editorial != an advertisement, which is pretty much what we'd be sending in.

Ontopic: Neat papercraft.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-08-16 12:07:30
If Nintendo knows about the glitches, then they can avoid making mistakes like that again, although we cheat cartridges to get some, which they wouldn't approve off… Lets say we are testing the security of their coding to the Max.

I like the Model, the screenshot is a bit weird though.  :-\

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-08-22 05:36:15
I remember when K-zone's blog showed a papercraft of a tiny NDSL.

Decamark papercraft should be next.