Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Art

Smurf's Sprites (Taking Requests) - Page 2

Re: Smurf's Sprites (Taking Requests)

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-08-06 11:51:16
Actually, I like them hugging the sprite. But that is better.

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-08-06 12:43:37
My last revamp for today- I used GSC Bulbasaur.
[attachment=1]

Posted by: Adam glitch
Date: 2009-08-06 15:02:41

Another revamp- this time, I used revamp. Brocco Guy, I hope the margins are better.
[attachment=1]

Love that revamp.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-08-06 16:32:07
I'd show off my sprites but many of them aren't exactly work safe. (I know, I'm a very naughty boy.XD)
Also, getting the proper lighting for the sprite's shades isn't my strong point so the lighting on them looks improper. They also may look a little deformed sometimes. Not badly but sort of messy. Who cares though! I made them to entertain myself and basically for no one else to see!

I do make other things besides what I just mentioned but once again, lighting is an issue.

Date: 2009-08-06 16:44:02
TBH I don't mean this in a bad way but I don't think the balbasuor looks verry good. don't get me wrong, it's alot better than I could do, just an opinion.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-08-06 16:45:50
Sorry, I deleted my post because I was kind of embarrassed by what I just said. Adam didn't double post.

Date: 2009-08-06 16:46:49
I hadn't double posted, you deleted yours so I dleted mine

On topic:

Anyone else share the same veiw on the bulbasour? or go against what I said, I'm bored so If somone want's to use that to spark an argument, feel free to use it, as long as you give credit.

Posted by: Missingno.7-4468
Date: 2009-08-06 17:30:27
I agree with you.  I think that it may be either shading or outlining.  I'm not sure though.

Date: 2009-08-06 22:03:11
Yeah, I kind of rushed myself for some reason. I was also thinking that I shaded too much.

What exactly don't you like about it?
(I need the constructive criticizm because it makes me better)

Date: 2009-08-07 01:50:45
I don't know, the shading just seems…wrong.  I don't know though, as it could be the outlining as well.
*Brain explodes from confusion*

Anyway, I might get a closer look at it, just to see.

Date: 2009-08-07 06:11:39
Well, go down on all fours like that bulbasoar. see if the shading is right.

Edit: I mean see where the shading is on you compared to the bulbasoar!

Date: 2009-08-07 09:22:31
UPDATE: If you are wondering why the sprites look different all of a sudden, or why the 'veiwed '' times' counter was reset, it's because I resized the margins on all of my sprites and reloaded the updates on to GCLF. (Thanks for the idea, Brocco Guy; they look a lot better now that I've done this.)

Date: 2009-08-07 12:02:03
Yeah they do look alot better now.

Date: 2009-08-07 12:28:16
I think I may have figured it out.  It seems that you used the primarary lowlight as the main color on the main body.  Also, there are some areas on the main body wich should be shaded more, but aren't.

Date: 2009-08-07 12:32:07
Yeah, might be that.