Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Art

Yaaaay tachi's sprites.... - Page 1

Yaaaay tachi's sprites....

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2013-05-31 05:08:37
[size=5]READ FIRST[/size]
Not that I mistrust anybody or anything, but if you wish to use any of these sprites, please message me first. If you wanted to edit them first and then use them, 9/10 I won't even ask you to credit me, but please have the courtesy to ask permission first. (and obviously you have to credit the original artist/ripper for the sprites if they are sprites I edited.) Thank you. Also the pictures will be displayed as jpeg images, but you have to download them from the attachments below to get the correct image format.

:P I've been doing a lot of spriting lately, some for original games, some just for whatever.

Here's an edit of Naruto's sprite from Jump Ultimate Stars (JUS for short) sprite, that I made it into Kai from the Beyblade G-Revolution seires. Credits to Neimad for ripping the Naruto sprites. Disclaimer: Beyblade, Beyblade V force, and Beyblade G revolution were all very terrible, please watch at your own risk.

[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/2yv2d1x.png[/img]

Here is a 100% custom sprite sheet of an original character I made it for a part of a test for a game engine software. This is only part of the sheet, and when I feel completely comfortable, I will add all the elements to it. The game will be an RPG platformer. (it's hard to explain…)

[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/f28pdi.png[/img]

UPDATE May/31/2013:
These are an edit of kid goku I created, to try to match my interpretation of whom he was based on. Sun Wukong, (The Monkey King) from the novel Journey to the West by Wu Cheng En (the sprites wasn't done well though).
Fun Fact: Sun Wukong defeated the heaven's army and general, only to be tricked and sealed by Buddha himself. That is an incredible feat considering he is a mortal being. (ok, fine he ate the peaches and "pills" but its like mario's star power… it only lasts during a specific time)

[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/2yxgnt2.jpg[/img]

Re: Yaaaay tachi's sprites....

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2013-05-31 13:35:41
Not too half bad, but just a small tip:

Never save sprites in JPEG format, because then they will become ruined beyond repair. Save them in .png that way they can be edited, and less risk of ruining them because JPEG ruins sprites beyond any form of repair.

Date: 2013-05-31 13:41:35

Not too half bad, but just a small tip:

Never save sprites in JPEG format, because then they will become ruined beyond repair. Save them in .png that way they can be edited, and less risk of ruining them because JPEG ruins sprites beyond any form of repair.

You had me worried! I was going through the files in my folder to double check to see if they were okay, and they were. It's Tinypic changing the format for some strange reason. I'm just too lazy to sign up to photobucket. I uploaded them as attachments now, but I kept the tinypic images up for a preview.

Date: 2013-05-31 13:50:02
Heh, sorry it's just that I didn't want to see your cool work ruined by Tinypic. If you want, I can upload your stuff to my Photobucket, I got a few accounts I swap around to avoid doubles of a remade or renamed sprite work, but either way keep it up! Really great work there! =D

Date: 2013-05-31 14:49:54

Heh, sorry it's just that I didn't want to see your cool work ruined by Tinypic. If you want, I can upload your stuff to my Photobucket, I got a few accounts I swap around to avoid doubles of a remade or renamed sprite work, but either way keep it up! Really great work there! =D

Hey, that sounds great :)
That would take a load off my shoulders, (and a few thousand emails to delete and mark as spam)

Date: 2013-05-31 16:03:43
You're welcome. =3

You're very paitent to convert sprites, like that. But either way, it's impressive.

Date: 2013-05-31 16:29:37
Oh, I didn't convert them. They were already the .png type. (and that one .bmp)
When you upload it to tinypic, and use the forum Image Insert, it displays it as a .jpeg for some reason. It's the same scale, but it won't be displayed as the same file type. (even though it used to do it a long time ago.)

So I just re uploaded the files as attachments instead. 

Date: 2013-05-31 17:09:15
Very good, though. =3

Posted by: Bert
Date: 2013-05-31 20:17:31
That Kai sprite is amazing. It makes me want to toy around with my Beyblades again.

[size=1pt]I never did get Black Dranzer though ;_;[/size]

Date: 2013-05-31 21:42:58
Hmm… many people are taking a liking (and by liking I mean the file has been clicked about 30 times from 5/31/13 - 6/1/2013 which is more than I'm used to in such a short period of time) to the Kai sprite. So I guess to commemorate here's Dranzer. Original Dranzer sprites ripped by Mike Masters.
[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/2v9uba0.png[/img]
I recolored Dranzer with the pallette I used for Kai, so that it will be more appropriate when or if used in a game. The beyblades spin, and I even have it catch on fire from inspiration of the anime. (although I haven't checked the animations on the flaming tops yet, so I don't know how smooth they are) To show the beyblade hitting an opponent, you can throw in any generic slash effect sprites. I will eventually have more kai sprites to allow animations of him
1) launch his beyblade
2) walk
3) run
4) punching combo
5) jump
6) crouch
and possibly
7) whatever this is:
[img]http://images.wikia.com/beyblade/images/e/e0/Kai_Dranzer_Attack%21.png[/img]

The idea for these animations is to be similar to the TV world fighters game, which includes Tyson as a playable character.

UPDATE 6/2/13 (4 in the morning where I am)
I have given you what we all have been waiting for…

MR POPO FOR EMERALD VERSION.
[img]http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h362/LadyofTheStroggMutouKira/Popo_pkmnemrl.png~original[/img]

Complete with edited sprites (original sprites ripped by Furs the Fox and Bacon) of the Hiker, racism, and even an evil laugh from the abridged series by Team Four Star. What's NOT to love?
Still not convinced?
How about his pokemon/b#%$ is Jynx? Now let that clip sink in and ruin your childhood slowly.