Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Website Advertisement

Urban Dead - Page 1

Urban Dead

Posted by: Hydrall
Date: 2008-04-20 10:17:50
In death, the city stirs. Its borders still locked down after a sudden government quarantine two years ago, Malton's trapped civilians make their way through the derelict buildings, surviving the changing seasons to rebuild their fragmented society from the rubble upwards. Military cleanup squads patrol the empty streets, stationed in the city for the long haul, while embedded scientific groups continue the experiments that brought them here.

And the dead rise up and thrive, trailing through the ruined streets of the city, milling between buildings and clawing through makeshift barricades and diversions, reclaiming the city as their own.

Urban Dead is a browser-based zombie apocalypse MMORPG.

www.urbandead.com
——————–

UD is a very low-budget online game, just a step higher on the tech level then MUDs. It is, as the above paragraph says, a war between zombies and humans.

Currently, humans are losing. Something Awful (If you didn't know, they're an 'net forum devoted to bastardity) has invaded, creating a zombie super-group called The Dead, who have taken over most of the city. Even the RRF, the once-greatest zombie group, doesn't like them.

Between The Dead and PKers (In this context, humans killing humans), all of Malton is being devastated. WE NEED YOUR HELP! Save the city from destruction, for if zombies outnumber humans 9:1 or so, Kevan Davis (Game maker) can and will cause the game to die.

The game has a rich history, from The Many, to Ron Burgundy, to the RRF, the sieges of Caiger Mall, LUE, Shacknews, Fort Creedy, the RCC… It reads out like an overly long action movie, full of plots, subplots, plot twists and plot holes.

The Dead versus The Living- Who will win?

(In it, I'm Jallus, human, almost highest level and member of the MMS in Roftwood. Well, we're dead right now.)

Re: Urban Dead

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2008-04-21 13:33:39
I started playing this a while back, but never got into it. You can probably guess what I was, and because of that, you can probably guess what I am now. I' thinking of starting a new profile.  :-\ Again, as a Medic.

Date: 2008-04-21 16:31:07
Might not want to- The Dead have eaten us. Try to find a safe place.

Actually, a better idea- Be a zombie and eat zombies for us! XD

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2008-05-08 21:37:09
I've gone and done it. I've created a new character… But now what, I've forgotten how to play this game…

Posted by: Glitchby
Date: 2008-05-09 00:11:21
Alright, I made a character, his name is Comrade Taquito.  I've read the guides on the wiki, and I have a pretty good idea of what I'm doing, although, I'd like to make some sort of group to help myself out

Date: 2008-05-09 15:16:20
Go to Roftwood and find St. Ethelbert's Hospital. Ask for the MMS or Jallus.