Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Website Advertisement

The Johto Empire is On the Web - Page 1

The Johto Empire is On the Web

Posted by: Angrysmurf
Date: 2009-11-11 17:41:23
Clicky to go to Johto

This site is part of the United Nations thing CJ is setting up, and is mostly full of general information concerning the history of the Empire and its people.

The site is simple right now, but I'll slowly add to it.

Re: The Johto Empire is On the Web

Posted by: Ketsuban
Date: 2009-11-11 21:01:35

This site is part of the United Nations thing CJ is setting up.

No, that's not SMF 2.0RC2, you're messing up everything…

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-11-11 21:06:51
You know, you really can't force a particular forum software on anyone. Since this whole thing was my idea, you really don't have any ground telling others what to do (and we haven't even established any such international coalition in the first place to make you leader of).

For what it's worth, I didn't plan on using SMF either (and this was before you decided to mandate anything).

Date: 2009-11-11 21:56:35
Well, my plan was to set it up so that all the forums had the same mods.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-11-11 22:04:14
Which mods would they be? Many mods have equivalents in other forum software.

It's nothing personal, but I've just gotten so used to companies and people trying to push specific software on me. I browse using Opera (a minority browser) on Linux (a minority OS); even though there are lots of sites or programs out there that want me to use Windows or Internet Explorer; but I don't like others making my choices for me.

I don't mind if you set up the others using SMF (and that's probably a better idea than using that CMS), but personally I don't like being told what software to use. Chances are I can find equivalent mods for whatever I end up going with, or I can code custom mods for it.

BTW, I can offer to host forums for any UPN nations. They'll probably be on a subdomain of eightzees.net which is my current domain, but it'll beat free hosting.

Date: 2009-11-12 05:48:52
Damn it, I knew I was forgetting something in the first post.

The reason I'm not using SMF is due to the host I'm using. Their sites come with a built in forum that's kind of a piece of shit, but I'm using them because they're the only place that makes it simple enough to edit stuff, log on, etc.

The host, however, doesn't allow another forum on it, so I stay with theirs.

Date: 2009-11-12 13:41:59

BTW, I can offer to host forums for any UPN nations. They'll probably be on a subdomain of eightzees.net which is my current domain, but it'll beat free hosting.

Sure, I could use it for the UPN central forum.

e: Also, I can't be assed dealing with shit freehosts, so I could also use it for the Sevii Islands, please.

Date: 2009-11-14 13:54:28
For everyone wondering, my site is not where the government occurs on; it's just general info site. When I get unlazy  :P, I'll write all its articles.

Date: 2009-11-14 14:39:31
I was finally arsed to deal with freehosts and am currently in the process of setting up Johto.

Date: 2010-03-16 18:48:43
*bump*

Johto is shot down because inactive.

Adrian, hosting please?