Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games

How do you create your own Pokemon Game? - Page 1

How do you create your own Pokemon Game?

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2008-04-25 13:27:11
If this is in the wrong place, then shoot me. I've always wondered, how do you make your own games? I've had so many ideas, on for Pokemon Games, for the VBA, but I don't know how to do it. Like the hack, Pokemon Brown. I've been playing that lately,and it's annoying as it's hard, but a lot of fun. I've had this crazy idea(s), to create my own version of a Pokemon, but instead of starting out with Pokemon, we start with glitches. Any glitches, well only from, R/B/G/Y G/S/C. And if they goes well, I'd start one for Ru/Sa/Em/ FR/LG. But, as I'm clueless, so I was wondering if there was away?

Re: How do you create your own Pokemon Game?

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-04-25 16:55:49

If this is in the wrong place, then shoot me. I've always wondered, how do you make your own games? I've had so many ideas, on for Pokemon Games, for the VBA, but I don't know how to do it. Like the hack, Pokemon Brown. I've been playing that lately,and it's annoying as it's hard, but a lot of fun. I've had this crazy idea(s), to create my own version of a Pokemon, but instead of starting out with Pokemon, we start with glitches. Any glitches, well only from, R/B/G/Y G/S/C. And if they goes well, I'd start one for Ru/Sa/Em/ FR/LG. But, as I'm clueless, so I was wondering if there was away?

You're talking hacks, am I right?

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2008-04-25 16:58:36
If you are, then you should start off with Gold. Go here:(its helpful…)
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,3207.0.html

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-04-25 17:05:36
There's some hacking tools in the game hacking board in some threads.

Date: 2008-04-25 21:05:19
No, I'm not on about hacking the games. I mean, about how to making your own hack, of a game, or starting a game, from scratch.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-04-25 21:06:44

No, I'm not on about hacking the games. I mean, about how to making your own hack, of a game, or starting a game, from scratch.

From scratch? Can't be of any help there.

Date: 2008-04-25 21:08:48
-_- Damn. I've love to create my own game. I was telling my friend about it and we joked and she said, that my sprites, should be used, for a game. Hell, if I can, then can finally find out more on Female Symbol, without her crashing/freezing the game. And find more on Green, but I'd make my own version of Green, but in English, but sadly I need to know how to create from scratch.

Date: 2008-04-25 21:55:57

-_- Damn. I've love to create my own game. I was telling my friend about it and we joked and she said, that my sprites, should be used, for a game. Hell, if I can, then can finally find out more on Female Symbol, without her crashing/freezing the game. And find more on Green, but I'd make my own version of Green, but in English, but sadly I need to know how to create from scratch.

Uhh… google Python, Jython, Perl, C, C Sharp, or C++.

Date: 2008-04-25 22:00:32
What exactly, are they?

Posted by: Phrawger
Date: 2008-04-26 13:59:51
Those are programming languages. Also, look up on google rpgmaker or gamemaker. Those should give you a good enough program to start with, and then look up some ideas on how to get started with a pokemon game.

Date: 2008-04-26 15:24:05

Those are programming languages. Also, look up on google rpgmaker or gamemaker. Those should give you a good enough program to start with, and then look up some ideas on how to get started with a pokemon game.

Yeah, but she may want to do some things that those game makers can't make.

Date: 2008-04-26 16:54:34
Yeah. ^^ Create my own glitches. XD

Date: 2008-04-26 17:58:19

Yeah. ^^ Create my own glitches. XD

If you mean glitches in the games:
a) Glitches are things the game maker didn't intend to have happen
b) Game Maker has tons of holes that you could use.

If you mean glitch pokemon:
Any program will let you do that.

Date: 2008-04-26 18:03:11
Well, like a Pokemon, game where you can get any glitch, that would normally freeze, hell Wild Glitcherino's could be cool. It'll be like R/B/G/Y, to start me off, and see how it'll go. I can use some of my sprites, for the Pokemon or Hybirds, or whatever, but I don't know how to make them move, like in Crystal.

Date: 2008-04-26 18:06:59

Well, like a Pokemon, game where you can get any glitch, that would normally freeze, hell Wild Glitcherino's could be cool. It'll be like R/B/G/Y, to start me off, and see how it'll go. I can use some of my sprites, for the Pokemon or Hybirds, or whatever, but I don't know how to make them move, like in Crystal.

That's it? Game maker would be plenty for you then.