Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Video Games

Pokemon Yitria: Redux - Page 1

Pokemon Yitria: Redux

Posted by: XD003
Date: 2010-06-17 01:53:34
Yes, I know what you're thinking. "XD003, you're doing ANOTHER version of Yitria? What's different about this one?" Simple.

It's being done in RPG Maker.

Why is that? Because, RPG Maker is more flexible and able to suit my needs. Inserting of Custom Music for Battles and Towns, the full use of tilesets from R/S/E/Fr/Lg without being limited to one tileset per map, and so much more. Thank the [insert lord you believe in here] for the Pokemon Started Kit. I'm finding it so much easier to make this game than I ever could with hacking.

Anyways, down to business.

I need a team to help me out with this, mostly for Scripting and Spriting. Before anyone asks "Why didn't you go to pokecommunity", one of their policies is that you need to have pictures to promote your project. Unfortunately, I don't have a single clue how to get good pictures of my current work like some people are able to.

Now for the juicy stuff - the information:

Plotline:
You are Maru Grace*, a 14 year old [insert gender of choice here] from Port City, Yitria. Your brother, Dist Grace, is a prodigy among the region, but after his victory over Champion Salvadore, he went missing. That was nearly 7 years ago. Now it's your turn to rise. As you wander from your home to Professor Piros' Laboratory you wonder "Was this what it felt like for my brother?". Your goal is to beat the best and become the best, but many people stand in your way of this goal - like the mysterious Enigma Brigade. Do you have what it takes to defeat the brigade, and topple the Grand Master off his throne?

* Maru is the default name for the character

New Features:
New Pokemon
* MissingNo. and it's new evolution, Hibáktól
* Kimalusty, a split evolution from Treecko
* Hiragana and Katakana Unown
* And many, many others
New Types
* Glitch Type
* Bird Type
Shadow Pokemon
(Yes, it was part of the Pokemon Started Kit)
As well as many more things to come

Side Notes: Yes, I know there are Hiragana Unown on here; I can't use them, though. Mainly because PT hasn't been on in a while I would assume, plus they're all clustered into one file. Each Unown would have to be in one file, and at 128x128 pixels.

Re: Pokemon Yitria: Redux

Posted by: Destinatus
Date: 2010-06-17 06:09:15
Dang, man, sounds like you got a good game planned out, neh?

In any case, good luck with it!

Date: 2010-06-17 14:03:21
It's been in planning for nearly 5 years now, and in that time frame i've constantly been tweaking the idea. But this is it, this is what I want the final product to be. I've only got a few problems:
* I'm not that good at scripting, so I can't do the heavy, in depth stuff
* Spriting is not my personal best friend, so thats another issue. I'd need to hire spriters.
* I'm missing some tiles for the interior set now that I want to start working on an interior map. So if anyone can help out with that, it'd be much appreciated.
Note: If you want to apply for any job, feel free to do so - Scripting Qualifications are you need to know at least /some/ RGSS; for spriting you need to make Pokemon Sprites (Front and back side) be 128x128 pixels, the menu icons for pokemon be 2 64x64 pixels for the movement animation it shows, and trainer sprites also have to be 128x128.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2010-06-17 14:04:51
I can help with spriting :)

Date: 2010-06-17 14:10:21
Depends on what you can get done. I'll make a request in the spriting board for the sprites I need.