Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

BrainBoy - Page 1

BrainBoy

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-04-09 19:50:36
My friend says he will lone me his brainboy.
He says it is a cheat divice for Blue, Red, and Yellow.

Has anyone here heard of a BrainBoy- I haven't

:P

Re: BrainBoy

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-04-09 19:57:32
Never heard of it. Google'd it, and apparently it *is* a cheat device *link*.

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2006-04-13 15:59:36
I've Never Heard Of It. (INHOI for abbreviation) At first, I thought it was a pirated thingy.

Posted by: Robjoe1107
Date: 2006-04-13 16:54:09
Heh, two of my friends had one a while back, although their's was for Gold and Silver. They hacked me a Mew and a really tweaked out Pikachu that knew Fly, Recover, Surf, and Transform. Funny stuff, especially when I used it on the Stadium games.

Posted by: ACE91
Date: 2006-04-14 08:32:30
I could get that same Mew and Pikachu easily without ever using a cheating device by utilizing the Ditto Trick and the Q Glitch. There are so many holes in the code of the Pok?mon Red/Blue/Yellow games that you can do almost everything you would use a cheating device for (except walking through walls and getting certain Glitch Pok?mon) without one by using glitches. I have a Pidgeot that knows Earthquake and Recover on my Crystal Version. :P

Date: 2006-04-14 13:48:45
The only cheat systems I've heard of are GameGenie, GameShark and Action Replay.
By the way, what does the name 'Action Replay' have to do with cheating on games?

Posted by: GlitchManic
Date: 2006-04-17 08:34:59
I have the brainboy…
It is really neat- it has a function that allows you to store your game's save data in case you lose it.
Plus, it has the ability to colorzize the game, but once you have done that, it allows you to choose the colors- mine is now an inverted verson of the colors.

The only glitch person it reconises is Missingno., if you edit a different glitch pokemon, it changes it into a Rhydon.

:o

Date: 2006-04-17 10:24:05

I have the brainboy…
It is really neat- it has a function that allows you to store your game's save data in case you lose it.
Plus, it has the ability to colorzize the game, but once you have done that, it allows you to choose the colors- mine is now an inverted verson of the colors.

The only glitch person it reconises is Missingno., if you edit a different glitch pokemon, it changes it into a Rhydon.

:o

The game does this ALL the time for glitch Pokemon, no matter what cheat device you use. It doesn't happen to Missingno. because Missingno. is *somehow* qualified as a real Pokemon in the game. Other glitches (except for 'M, because he's a copy of Missingno.) are NOT qualified as real pokemon in the game because their addresses are higher than normal, so the address is relocated to the first pokemon address, which is Rhydon, when the pokedex data is viewed. As for Missingno…. He's just a pokemon that is supposed to be…um…nothing. Since Missingno. is an empty data slot, when in battle, something's gotta show up, right?
And that's Missingno..

In short, catch the glitch a second time and you will have him/her/it.