Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

A good DS emulator - Page 2

Re: A good DS emulator

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-01-30 07:29:56
I can run Diamond at full speed because it says either nothing, 108%, or %92 but it is usually 100%.  Only bad thing about it is that the Overworld likes to be dumb and not move like it should.  I can walk normally in rooms though.  Dumb thing. >_< 

Here's my emulation settings:

Realtime, Auto
Start Cartridge Directly (doesn't matter what this is on)
24bit True Color
VGA Poppy Bright
Auto
Flash 512KBytes
Darkness
Digital Stereo
High (44 Khz)(best)
None/Disabled
Fast/Fast (best)
Gamepaks in all GBAs
Automatic

Comp specs:

2.21Ghz 64 bit proccessor
512 MB RAM
128MB Graphics Card

I'll tell how to make the overworld run normal when I figure out how to do that, but it still runs at 100% on the overworld. :\

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-01-31 10:41:55
Get no$gba 2.6, it runs at full speed now on my computer. Keep it on Realtime, otherwise it goes way too fast during battle, overworld has some frameskip, but it is full speed all the same.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-05 22:56:30
does it work for macentosh?

Date: 2008-02-06 15:23:27
Do you have google?

Edit: Macs can use Windows apps. It's called Boot Camp.

Date: 2008-02-07 10:45:14
I quite like no$gba… though it isn't very good for cheating. The cheating system is a bit buggy.

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2008-02-09 00:21:52
The thing that sucks is that almost no effort at all has gone into improving Mac emulation. No ports have almost ever been made, no new emulators, nothing. It's not fair.

Date: 2008-02-09 09:20:33
Read my post above, get Boot Camp or what ever the hell that thing's called.

Date: 2008-02-09 22:44:40
Boot Camp is WAAAY too expensive.

Date: 2008-02-29 17:46:11
Uh, it comes with Leopard. But it only works with an Intel Mac. I has PowerPC.

Date: 2008-03-01 17:28:01
I don't want to buy Leopard! It to is too expensive, plus I like the system that I'm using all ready.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-03-09 16:47:43

Do you have google?

Edit: Macs can use Windows apps. It's called Boot Camp.

WRONG[size=3pt]ish[/size]

I don't want to buy Leopard! It to is too expensive, plus I like the system that I'm using all ready.

WRONG

Lets makes things clear here. Mac's can NOT use Windows app's with out the help of an Application. What Boot Camp does is allows you to partition your hard drive, then install Windows. The reason this is useful is because its easy for the non teck people and you get drivers for your web cam and stuff like that.  So, its not OS X but Windows. You still need to buy Windows. Its your Mac computer, but not your Mac's OS; OS X. Also you don't need Leopard, just an Intel mac. [size=2pt]And its 130$, thats cheep and, trust me, well worth it.. [/size]

Best Solution is VMware Fusion which, to make simple, runs Windows simultaneity with OS X. (Read Later Post)
Also Mac Emulation is not as bad as it looks. http://www.bannister.org/software/kigb.htm

[size=1pt]Not trying to be mean, just pretend everything in bold is said with a smile :}[/size]

Date: 2008-03-22 00:45:52
Yeah, I know about Bannister..
But I'm saying that not enough stuff has been ported to mac.
And there's some well-needed stuff that we..need.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-09-06 16:33:37
I want to make an change here. Want windows apps on OS X? Then download wine. This is an application that allows you to run windows apps on your mac. Oh, and F.Y.I, its free. Yeah Free, So download it. Its not 100% but it runs most things.

Date: 2008-09-06 17:23:36
I have tried no$gba with wine and it works very well! (On linux anyway, I would assume it is the same with Macs)

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2008-12-01 04:22:24
Still means that people that still have PowerPCs are screwed, though.

edit: disregard that - http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/desmume/desmume-0.8-mac.dmg?download