Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

GSC Glitch - Page 1

GSC Glitch

Posted by: Glitch King Missingno.
Date: 2007-03-10 00:01:48
I've found a Glitch where you can encounter a trainer named "Champion Lt. Surge"! It requires a Gameshark, though.

1: Input this code: 01??18D1.
2: Replace ?? with 10.
3: Go to a wild grass patch.
4: Walk around until you encounter a wild Pokemon.
5: The trainer will be Champion Lt. Surge.
6: He has 4 pkmn: Raichu Lvl 40, Magneton, Lvl 40, Electrode lvl 44, and Electabuzz lvl 44.
7: You can battle until his last pkmn, but if you beat Electabuzz, the game will freeze.

Why: This probably happens because the game doesn't know what the trainer says. This happens more often in Johto And in Kanto it happens only before you beat Surge in Vermileon City because the character hasn't battled Surge yet. That could be in Johto too… Why this happens exactly remains unknown.

Re: GSC Glitch

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2007-03-10 03:46:35
Interesting… Was Lt. Surge originally going to be the Champion, but was taken out and Drake put there instead? Just makes you wonder…

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2007-03-10 17:02:25
For me it says champion nicole with lances picture with 2 marrils and a lapras

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-03-10 17:06:23
If he were to be the champion who would have been the Vermillion Gym Leader?

Posted by: Glitch King Missingno.
Date: 2007-03-11 00:24:06
You get various names if you battle trainers. in the grass I got Surge.

I think that another leader could have been in Vermelion. I mean, just look at Blue. hey replaced Giovanni with him so they could put Yellow or soneone else from the manga there if they wanted to.

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2007-03-11 07:59:06
I found a trainer called Dugtrio Valerie after messing around with some of these values it seems to avoid glitch blocks occuring they mix pokemon with names and proffessions e.g Pikachu Thomas.
Dugtrio Valerie had some over lvl 100 pokemon one was a forretress and another paras. The trainers are different whether you find them in the grass or a real trainer battle. I think the Venusaur Thomas Glitch King Missingno was talking about in glitch myths might of been by using this code instead of the fight trainers again code