Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Pokemon Superglitch version - Page 1

Pokemon Superglitch version

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-03-21 19:06:04
[attachimg=1]

It is an extension game basically. I say that because really you can't complete it from the start, little things like You can't get past the startup and Oak not knowing where his lab is, etc. Anyway. I have made a small hack that is quite interesting.
To work it all you need to do is make a savestate from normal ROM and carry on from that position. Reason being it needs a little help loading stuff like any of the Pokemon Sprites.

Well have a go, and tell me what you think.

[attachimg=2]
The startup

[attachimg=3]
Bulbasaur…….BED?

[attachimg=4]
Battling in Superglitch Version

[attachimg=5]
The Maps in Superglitch Version.

All change varing due to small changes in the game.
For example the Charizard has Gass, Sass and Lass, because I battled a Lass last.
Things like that.

Re: Pokemon Superglitch version

Posted by: Papa Doc
Date: 2007-03-21 19:29:44
It's looking good,i couldn't do better nice job ;)

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-03-22 13:15:15
I have a secret but don't read it inless you REALLY REALLY want to know how I did it.

[spoiler3=The secret] I only changed one single bit of code :P It was quite an important part of the coding though. But I didn't change much more incase it became TOO unstable.[/spoiler3]

Posted by: Slax
Date: 2007-06-05 02:36:19
Genious. One could only wonder where this piece of code is located…

Posted by: philip1992
Date: 2007-06-05 14:58:36
Very good. Cant wait for more of this  ;D

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-06-05 17:36:16
this hack is insanely hard! i am trying to use codes to find ways to get past all the places where you get stuck because of the glitch, but because there are so many, its close to impossible!