Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Hex Editing Pokemon Red!!! - Page 1

Hex Editing Pokemon Red!!!

Posted by: MissingNo
Date: 2006-04-15 09:14:25
I am planning on hacking the text in Pokemon Red. For all those ROM hackers out there like me, Pokemon Gaming Sphere has a complete ROM hacking section, and Zophar's Domain has an article on Hex Editing Pokemon Games. The article includes HEX offsets for data, such as starters, evolutions, shops, and more. I actually DID find "MISSINGNO" in the HEX data. You need the DOS HEX editior Hexposure, your GB ROM, and a table file, which I will provide as an attachment. (No, go find Hexposure and the ROMS yourself.) Be sure to rename "pokemonred.tbl" to whatever-the-rom's-name-is.tbl.

Re: Hex Editing Pokemon Red!!!

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2006-04-17 10:25:00
Wow. I'd like to try this.

Posted by: Glitch Reasearcher
Date: 2006-05-06 23:34:14
yea, me too.

Posted by: popadoc
Date: 2006-05-07 19:15:30
how can i edit my red version cartrige?i mean how are you going to do it?

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-05-16 08:34:16
wow. you are really clueless, aren't you? it's a ROM.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2006-05-17 04:54:45
Heh, some places don't tolerate pure stupidity. I wonder if we should be more like them.

Edit: "Don't be stupid" is a rule here, too. :P

Posted by: DynaShock
Date: 2006-05-21 23:36:08
I'm not REALLY good at hex editing, but as long as I know what to change, and what to change the adresses to, I can do it. I WILL DO IT NINE TIMES! *begins counting*

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-08-12 15:59:33
You could do it the Newo way of editing programing

Change it, if it works keep it, it not change it back and change it again!

On my 3D game I have a flying car….Not because the car could before (it went about 2MPH) But because I mucked about(now 0-294MPH in 3 seconds)!

Yay

I could do it proper……I am just lazy!