Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Help a Newbie? - Page 1

Help a Newbie?

Posted by: PiMaster
Date: 2007-06-13 20:37:20
I'm looking to hack blue/red and was just wondering how it's done and what tools are needed. Post if you can help.

Thanks!  ;D

Re: Help a Newbie?

Posted by: Bluelatios
Date: 2007-06-13 20:42:38
I'm sort of a newbie at hacking too! but I do know how to map edit and I use a program called Advance map for that. it is only for advance games though. I think it has a homepage so just search it on the internet. a good website to get tools for just about any Pokemon game is rhtools.scizz.com . check it out!
however to change the storyline, you have to learn how to make scripts. I need help with that myself…….

Date: 2007-06-13 20:48:44
Thank you, I'll take a look at those tools

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-06-13 21:33:00
Here is Advance Map page

Just incase I've attached am1.82

Date: 2007-06-16 01:36:04
Does it work with blue/red?

Posted by: Wicked Klown
Date: 2007-06-16 05:16:47
No it doesn't,but since Bluelatios didn't tell you that,ill just attach the map editor for red/blue,but if you want to give R/S/E and FR/LG a try go ahead,this tool dits their maps,but not for red/blue,here is the map editor.