Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Pokemon Onyx in the making -Anyone want to help? - Page 1

Pokemon Onyx in the making -Anyone want to help?

Posted by: PiMaster
Date: 2007-06-16 01:57:27
I'm working on a hack of Red and blue (I'm most familiar with the story line and maps, the others are all a blur to me. I'd do FR/LG but I can't find ROMs anywhere). Does anybody want to help?

I've also never hacked before so if anyone knows good tools let me know.

Re: Pokemon Onyx in the making -Anyone want to help?

Posted by: pokeking_7_7
Date: 2007-06-23 04:44:06
Well I don't know any red/blue hacking tools… But for LG/FR use advance map, text and mart.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2007-06-23 12:25:17

Well I don't know any red/blue hacking tools… But for LG/FR use advance map, text and mart.

Um, since Onyx is a Red/Blue hack, I don't see how advancemap would help.

For Red/Blue, the map editor of choice is PokeMap.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-06-23 22:17:42
I don't recommend starting out with Red or Blue (or Yellow). Those games are so terribly disorganized, nearly impossible to understand without at least some form of former hacking experience.

Try starting out with Gold and Silver – they use a (highly) modified RBY engine, and are very clean, organized and easy to work with.

Posted by: PiMaster
Date: 2007-06-28 23:44:15
I'm not familiar with the story line in G/S/C though, and it wrecks on of my ideas which I'm not going to disclose, having to do with there being 3 eevee evolutions. I'd like to do a game based in Kanto.

Does anyone know where I can find a FR/LG ROM? I looked everywhere, and it would work a lot better since there are tools for it.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-06-29 12:14:11
Well, GSC actually takes place (partly) in Kanto, so that would work if you wanted to do that. But FR/LG is probably fine too.

Posted by: ifrit123
Date: 2007-07-01 15:39:33
hi everyone, ive always been interested in the many pokemon glitches and many of my friends consider me the best among them…although this one is over my head. how do you hack into games?

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2007-10-10 18:45:03
Join a hacking group, tutorials, etc. and if you want help please go make another thread asking for help as this is not the place for it.