Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

error trap bypass - Page 1

error trap bypass

Posted by: Ghostsanora
Date: 2007-11-03 22:41:38
I did this a good five years ago and haven't remembered it until my conversation with Led_Zepplin. XD I'm not sure if this counts as a glitch, but it's still pretty useful. I believe you can use PS2 to let unevolved hybrids bypass the error trap. It might revert back into its original form though. I have no way to test this since I lost my gameshark. But I did it once. On yellow, I used two "pacific Pika" codes on my gengar. This turned it into a raichu with surf. I trained it as a raichu for a while, allowing it to learn thunder, and then decided that I wanted it on my gold version. It wouldn't go through the cable because it was "corrupted", so I gave up on it. Later I started my yellow on PS2 to sort stuff, and found it had turned back into a gengar. It still had surf and thunder so I tried to move it through stadium to my gold version(not by trading because I only had one GB transfer pack) and it worked. Fair if you don't believe me, but I did it, so at least I can use it. So in effect:(1.)transfer hybrid from r/b/y to ps2 (2.)transfer reverted hybrid to g/s/c

Re: error trap bypass

Posted by: Vitro
Date: 2007-11-04 00:39:28
sounds interesting, wish i had all that stuff :(