Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Mystery Zone Stuff - Page 1

Mystery Zone Stuff

Posted by: Cyhunt
Date: 2007-11-23 16:00:39
You know the Mystery Zone in Pokemon D/P? Well, I've been experimenting with it (just got a new action replay today) and found out that the music for the Mystery Zone is a REMIX of the early route music. And quieter. I'll be experimenting more soon. Also , if you travel to Oreburgh from the other side of the cave, Oreburgh will be a bit glitched up. :D
Also, if you travel left in the Hearthome Pokemon center, It will say Floaroma Meadow. I wonder whats with that? I traveled right from Floaroma Meadow and ended up in Mystery Zone. Maybe the Pokemon center is north/south of Floaroma Meadow? If anyone can help me here, I would be grateful.
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place.)

Re: Mystery Zone Stuff

Posted by: Gawaxay
Date: 2007-11-25 12:14:41
Actually, the music is not a remix; but rather, an instrumental version of the music for Routes 206 and 207. I enjoy listening to it.

Could the music possibly first be performed with instruments, then converted into standard game-style music?

EDIT: Also, if you travel to a different route without taking the proper path, (e.g. those houses that connect routes and cities, caves, etc…) it will be glitched up. EDIT TO EDIT: I assume this is because the two areas are on different maps.

Posted by: MissingNO. #1 Master
Date: 2007-12-03 01:59:25

You know the Mystery Zone in Pokemon D/P? Well, I've been experimenting with it (just got a new action replay today) and found out that the music for the Mystery Zone is a REMIX of the early route music. And quieter. I'll be experimenting more soon. Also , if you travel to Oreburgh from the other side of the cave, Oreburgh will be a bit glitched up. :D
Also, if you travel left in the Hearthome Pokemon center, It will say Floaroma Meadow. I wonder whats with that? I traveled right from Floaroma Meadow and ended up in Mystery Zone. Maybe the Pokemon center is north/south of Floaroma Meadow? If anyone can help me here, I would be grateful.
(Sorry if this is in the wrong place.)

Seems that it does inside areas similar to the way Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons did dungeons(other inside areas were done like all inside areas in Link's Awakening), just more glitchy, and prone to freezing, when wandering outside the boundaries. Also, the music for Mystery Zone is called DUMMY in the ROM.

BTW, shouldn't this go under Glitch Discussion?

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-04 19:15:52
Is it the night music? Nice anyway, and what does The Mystery Zone look like?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-12-04 19:22:47
It's mostly totally black, except for a while when you first enter it and when your about to exit the mystery zone, witch then it is trees o grass.

Posted by: Skeith
Date: 2007-12-05 05:47:40

BTW, shouldn't this go under Glitch Discussion?

I think it should stay here because you can only go to the Mystery Zone with the Gameshark Code "Walking through walls".

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2007-12-05 13:13:56
There is no Gameshark for the DS, but there is a Action Replay for the DS.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2007-12-05 18:29:57

Tomayto tomahto

Date: 2007-12-05 18:39:48

Tomayto tomahto
Hmm? :???:

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-12-05 19:42:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3fjQa5Hls

Date: 2007-12-06 16:32:14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3fjQa5Hls
Gotcha.

Posted by: Skeith
Date: 2007-12-06 17:37:32

You get the idea, regardless.