Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Questions on WRAM - Page 1

Questions on WRAM

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-12-17 19:50:20
Ok, I'm using the VBA Memory Viewer to look at the memory of Pokemon blue. I know that in the WRAM at line D188, the data for the first Pokemon's first attacks PP is stored. On that line on the 8 bit setting, there are 16 two integer digits. My question is how do you know what the PP is from looking at that line? What do the different integers stand for? 
I know this must sound n00bish but I looked over the internet and I couldn't find an answer. But help is thanked.

Re: Questions on WRAM

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-12-17 22:13:05
My Charmander knows Scratch, and his PP byte at $D188 is 23. This is in hexadecimal (base 16) notation, so we convert it to decimal (base 10) to get 35. There's a function to do this in the Windows Calculator. (whoops, forgot you use Mac. well, it should be in whatever calculator program that Mac has too)

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2007-12-18 15:09:32
You can also work it out by a forumula I made up for doing it in my head:
Hex= [number]+([tens]*6)

Because The tens collum is 6 more than decimal. So if it was 23 as the example says that would basically be:

H=23+(2*6)
H=23+12
H=35

Nice and easy!
Another one:
H=64+(6*6)
H=64+36
H=100

Hex isn't hard.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2007-12-20 11:48:46
Thanks I actually understand this now. I have another question, though this one slightly different.
Does anyone know the offsets for attack Power and Hit Rate?