Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

My GB SP Gameshak Will Not Work! - Page 1

My GB SP Gameshak Will Not Work!

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-12-27 22:44:03
Strangely, whenever I plug in my GS into my GB SP, it won't go past the Gameboy start screen. Also, the usual Nintendo emblem isn't appearing under the Gameboy title like they usually do. I've hardly used the GS at all. Any idea what's wrong?

Re: My GB SP Gameshak Will Not Work!

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2007-12-27 23:40:36
Do you have a game plugged in to the Gameshark? The cartridge won't play by itself.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2007-12-28 07:23:04
With my GBA Action Replay it usually takesa lot of tries to get it to work. Try the usual blowing thing (there are 4 places to blow!).

Posted by: Sorreah
Date: 2007-12-29 12:13:01
Yeah, there's a game in it. I think I've tried blowing on it before, but maybe I just have to be persistent.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-01-03 19:07:17
If it keeps on doing this, I would suggest taking it back to the store you bought it from and exchanging it. My first GameShark SP did this one mega glitch thing when I tried it on my Emerald, then it stopped working.