Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

D/P WTW findings and GCLF's D/P glitch log - Page 3

Re: D/P WTW findings

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-02 13:44:39
Oh, I'm using an actual game card and actual AR, so if you want to do this, you'll probably have to spend some extra money, sorry.

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-02-03 18:37:38
Same here.Also Desuhappiny told me that he bought an AR but It didnt come with the installation disk or anything but he has pre-packed codes i think.
I got a new AR so I'll get the Turtwig's stats ASAP ;D

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-02-03 19:10:35

Oh, I'm using an actual game card and actual AR, so if you want to do this, you'll probably have to spend some extra money, sorry.

I already bought an AR and I didn't see this post :\

I found a useless path after the first gate of the Battle tower.  I also found out how to get Shaymin.  For the spoiler click the spoiler tag below. 

[spoiler3=Shaymin]You get Shaymin by walking north of Route 224, or whatever that route is after the secret exit of the victory road, at the "polished rock"

Before you get on Seaside Road or whatever it was called, you will see Shaymin's head on the black block before the route.  The head basicly says, "I'm on this path, come get my dummy."  Go down the long stretch of flowers and stuff and you'l get a an island of flowers and Shaymin will be two sets of staris up and he'll be there at Lv. 30.  Save before catching him.[/spoiler3]

Date: 2008-02-03 19:46:51

I already bought an AR and I didn't see this post :\

I found a useless path after the first gate of the Battle tower.  I also found out how to get Shaymin.  For the spoiler click the spoiler tag below. 

[spoiler3=Shaymin]You get Shaymin by walking north of Route 224, or whatever that route is after the secret exit of the victory road, at the "polished rock"

Before you get on Seaside Road or whatever it was called, you will see Shaymin's head on the black block before the route.  The head basicly says, "I'm on this path, come get my dummy."  Go down the long stretch of flowers and stuff and you'l get a an island of flowers and Shaymin will be two sets of staris up and he'll be there at Lv. 30.  Save before catching him.[/spoiler3]

Yeah I found that out about shaymin too.
But why is its head there?the black-ness seems a bit glitchy too :P
well screw it I already caught it.

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-03 20:01:23
I MOTHERFUCKING DID IT!!!

I got DP:000

Here's how to get it in the English version of Pearl!!!

1: start a new game (with AR WtW on)

2: Walk towards the unown cave while making as little contact with anyone as you possibly can

3: go to the top floor of the cave (where ! and ? unown are)

4: save your game

5: walk around and you will iether get the floating pokeball effect, you will hear the attack music, but nothing will happen, or you will have two DP: 000!!!

another way is to go to the drained az/mes/ux lake, whichever one that was and avoid any contact with anyone accept Saturn.

I DID IT, YOU CAN'T STOP ME NINTENDO!!! XD

Re: D/P WTW findings and GCLF's D/P glitch log

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-26 19:48:27

I MOTHERFUCKING DID IT!!!

I got DP:000

Here's how to get it in the English version of Pearl!!!

1: start a new game (with AR WtW on)

2: Walk towards the unown cave while making as little contact with anyone as you possibly can

3: go to the top floor of the cave (where ! and ? unown are)

4: save your game

5: walk around and you will iether get the floating pokeball effect, you will hear the attack music, but nothing will happen, or you will have two DP: 000!!!

another way is to go to the drained az/mes/ux lake, whichever one that was and avoid any contact with anyone accept Saturn.

I DID IT, YOU CAN'T STOP ME NINTENDO!!! XD
That sounds dudeish! I'm gonna try it! Either way, I was experimenting with Walk through Walls today too, and I found the Mystery Zone (just that, "Mystery Zone"), and it did a quieter, edited somewhat version (beta perhaps?) of the Route 221 music. Also, if you enter it from behind the PkMn League building, if you don't go too far everything will be magnified, and you can see only part of the 3D of the castle (you'd recognize this kind of glitch from other 3D rendered games), and if you move you can magnify the flowers an such. Weird, very weird. Sorry if this was found, it's just what I saw in my first experimentation.

Date: 2008-03-27 16:36:25
…So you got 000 or the placeholder?or are they both the same?
because I have gotten like 3 of them before wayy before you :D just never documented it
well if this is a different glitch so be it.

Directions.
Have one pokemon in the daycare
put AR code that automatically produces an egg in the daycare
get the egg
WA-LA!You got ???/Placeholder thingie.
You cant deposit it and its basically yes a placeholder woot woot.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-03-27 16:44:29
Well, if the fight engine in D/P is like R/S/E/Fr/Lg, you could use the enemy pokemon has max stats code and have infinate masterballs to be able to catch the Placeholder without the "but there was no target…" script triggering.

Then you would see a blank pokedex screen or something.

Posted by: blitzer
Date: 2008-03-30 20:24:12

step 1: turn on d/p AR WtW code

step 2: go to the building that holds pal park

step 3: run through it, not into it until you reach the other side

result: You will be in a small garden that is behind Pal Park where there is some grass where you can catch regular pokemon, not that special, but cool anyway. I call it, Pal Park's Mini Garden!

I think that would be a miniature of Pal Park.

step 1: turn on the AR WtW code

step 2: go to Acuity Lakefront

step 3: walk AROUND the entrance

step 4:  go up about 5-20 steps and take a right when you see a light blue square and go into the light blue large square

result: you will be in the second (now) known beta puddle thingy!!!

will show picture soon for proof

Seen it. Same as above, it's Lake Acuity's miniature.

1.) Use the WTW code to go to the tile one tile above a door.
2.) Go into the door.
3.) You will go inside the building. Then you will uncontrollably go one tile down, so that you are in a black area. That's it. Nothing special.

1.) Use the WTW code to go into the Fight Area.
2.) You will have a conversation with two invisible people (your rival and Buck). That's because the game is programmed to make you have the conversation on your first step on Fight Area.

1.) Use WTW to go to Stark Mountain.
2.) Go to one of the walls and go into one of the areas in which you "shrink" without leaving the wall.
3.) You will not turn smaller.

Those WTW glitches are nothing much at all.

Posted by: atoms2ashes
Date: 2008-03-30 23:27:07
1. Start a new game.(with WTW turned on)
2. Go into Eterna forest.
3. Enter the Old Chateau.
4. Get out.
5. Cheryl will be gone. And yoy can exit the forest.
6. Enter a wild battle or double battle. Cheryl will be your partner.
7. You cannot use ur bike or fishing but it can be turned off by entering the forest again and exiting.

1. Finish the events with Buck.
2. Enter Amity Park with a Compatible Pokemon.
3. Exit with WTW.
4. Enter a wild battle. Buck will be your partner.
5. This can't be turned off and you can't go to Amity Park anymore.