Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

D/P glitch pokemon - Page 1

D/P glitch pokemon

Posted by: flygonlover
Date: 2008-02-03 11:02:16
I should've posted this earlier… Anyways, this is very simple.
1. Find a person who follows you around in a cave, etc.
2. Walk on water (using a cheat code.) You can leave them behind and exit the cave to find water.

Sorry about the lack of pictures. Here's what should happen: When a wild pokemon appears, there is also a glitch pokemon with it. Two of you (your trainer sprite) appear, the lefthand one sends out your normal pokemon, the other sends out a glitch identical to the wild one. The glitch is square, white, and always shiny.
P.S. If this has already been discovered, please say so.

Re: D/P glitch pokemon

Posted by: Kannoniswrong11
Date: 2008-02-03 18:41:37

2. Walk on water (using a cheat code.) You can leave them behind and exit the cave to find water.

Sorry about the lack of pictures. Here's what should happen: When a wild pokemon appears, there is also a glitch pokemon with it. Two of you (your trainer sprite) appear, the lefthand one sends out your normal pokemon, the other sends out a glitch identical to the wild one. The glitch is square, white, and always shiny.
I know what youre talking about.But my experince is a bit different.
I was using WTW and a couple other codes.
I was walking on water.Wild Pokemon appeared which was obviously Tentacruel [and weirdly Tentacool is the only pokemon found in Glitch City,am i right?] And I sent out my Bulbasaur and a glitch and I was battling a glitch and tentacruel.
I dont remmeber the facts but I think that happened.The glitch was shiny and it was a block moving up…and up.
I can try to recreate this tho. ^_^;;

Posted by: RPBnimrod
Date: 2008-02-04 00:45:53

I know what youre talking about.But my experince is a bit different.
I was using WTW and a couple other codes.
I was walking on water.Wild Pokemon appeared which was obviously Tentacruel [and weirdly Tentacool is the only pokemon found in Glitch City,am i right?] And I sent out my Bulbasaur and a glitch and I was battling a glitch and tentacruel.
I dont remmeber the facts but I think that happened.The glitch was shiny and it was a block moving up…and up.
I can try to recreate this tho. ^_^;;

you can find tentacool, tentacruel, krabby, magikarp, shellder, and a few to a couple more in glitch city, FYI.

Posted by: flygonlover
Date: 2008-02-04 01:03:36
Yeah, I forgot to mention that the wild glitch was…. up. Too bad you can't catch it (apparently it's impossible to aim in a double battle.) As well, too bad you can't give it some hp and then KO the normal one.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-02-04 14:10:18

This has been discovered by people on YouTube and elsewhere. 

The "Glitch Square" is —– (0000) which is the D/P place holder.

Posted by: Kiryu
Date: 2008-03-26 16:14:53
There are two glitches you can encounter like this, and ussually they will be together. The first is D/P Box, named by players because it looks like a box. The second is Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur, named because you can't see it, has a sparkle like a shiny pokemon, and has bulbasaur's cry. By the way, I've been wondering… what is the significance of the orange glove?

Posted by: 007
Date: 2008-03-26 16:42:50

There are two glitches you can encounter like this, and ussually they will be together. The first is D/P Box, named by players because it looks like a box. The second is Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur, named because you can't see it, has a sparkle like a shiny pokemon, and has bulbasaur's cry. By the way, I've been wondering… what is the significance of the orange glove?

Absolutely nothing, that's the joke.

Posted by: Guy
Date: 2008-03-26 19:41:53
In R/S it lets you pick up and place PkMn quicker, as well as having no menu come up, and in later games even added the ability to pick up multiple PkMn.

Posted by: Kiryu
Date: 2008-03-28 14:08:35

In R/S it lets you pick up and place PkMn quicker, as well as having no menu come up, and in later games even added the ability to pick up multiple PkMn.

Well, I know that. But with the picture, I was figuring that there was some glitch.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-03-28 14:15:23
No, someone posted a thread here about the Orange Glove being a glitch and a person on youtube posted a video about it being a cheat code so we made fun of it.