Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

See Missingno.'s pokedex data. - Page 1

See Missingno.'s pokedex data.

Posted by: Ashandmisty
Date: 2008-04-07 09:08:07
It's very simple really, stand anywhere in the game and goto address D059 in Memory Viewer. Type in the hex of the pokemon (in this case missingno.) then 02 + aload of random letters and numbers e.g the line could look like this: 15 02 78 47 35 28 59 90 47 36

It will instantly get you into a battle, the gym leader music will be playing and the pokemon will appear, you may also notice it will look like the Safari Zone only you'll have 0 balls. Just click ball and throw one for now, it will say you have 5 left (?) now throw a bait, rock, rock, bait, ball and you should catch it. If it's missingno. it will show the pokedex entry!! I've put in the attatchment his pokedex entry that i got (got he's heavy)

Re: See Missingno.'s pokedex data.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-04-07 11:55:35
Equally, couldn't you just catch MissingNo without hacking the game?

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-04-07 12:06:43

Equally, couldn't you just catch MissingNo without hacking the game?
I bet you can see it again with this. But I doupt that.

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2008-04-07 13:24:35
15 02 78 47 35 28 59 90 47 36

All that does is the following:
15 - Wild Mew… I think you use MissingNo
02 - Special Battle, in this case safari zone, 01 being Old Man.

The following isn't worth even typing

78 - ? - Seems to have no dramatic effects
47 - Battle Music type (Anything above 0 seems to be Gym Leader)
35 - ? - Seems to have no dramatic effects
28 - ? - Seems to have no dramatic effects
59 - Whether you are fishing or not, in this case you are. Though I assume Safari Zone counteracts that.
90 - ? - Seems to have no dramatic effects
47 - ? - Seems to have no dramatic effects
36 - ? - Seems to have no dramatic effects

And just so you know, the Safari Zone thing isn't needed anyway, inless you are low on balls. And the exact "bait, rock, rock, bait then ball" thing is random chance of working, it isn't 100%.