Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Pokemon Blue/Crystal Hacking tools - Page 1

Pokemon Blue/Crystal Hacking tools

Posted by: Kabutops M
Date: 2008-04-19 18:40:22
Hello, it's been a long time since ive posted. Im sorta GLaD to post again instead of lingering around as a Guest….
Ok, so ive been looking around for reliable ROM Hacking tools. Mostly that Gold Map thing….
I've been practicing and ive really improved, but one thing remains: ROM Hacking tools!  :-\

Re: Pokemon Blue/Crystal Hacking tools

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-04-21 15:34:33
There aren't very many tools for the pre-GBA games, but the sheer amount of documentation out for 'em means you can edit just about anything with a hex editor.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-04-27 06:04:49
Heh, I've got Goldmap. Only problem is, it won't let me save anything. It really Pisses me off. (Excuse language) I've also been looking for tools (That actually allow saving) to hack generation II games, but sadly, with no success.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-04-27 20:05:52

Heh, I've got Goldmap. Only problem is, it won't let me save anything. It really Pisses me off. (Excuse language) I've also been looking for tools (That actually allow saving) to hack generation II games, but sadly, with no success.

You can cuss here, don't say you're sorry for language.  Turn off your barney mode and you'll see that we leave words uncensored.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-04-28 02:51:04
Oh, I didn't realize that. Thanks for telling me.