Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

A little contest... - Page 1

A little contest...

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-07-21 23:03:46
First to tell me what these codes do in the second generation of pokemon games gets to know a secret about my shop.
(hint: the groupings help you determine which game these codes are for)
017CFFD1
0180FFD1
0184FFD1

01FFD4C5

Re: A little contest...

Posted by: PokemonPichu
Date: 2006-07-24 23:10:27
In Pokemon Gold and Silver,
the first three codes are for changing your character's sprite (which is glitchy when used). They can't work unless used one at a time. Or so on the emulator.

the last code places a glitch tile on the map, and can be moved by pressing the start button.

In Pokemon Crystal,
the first set of codes don't seem to work, but I'll find out if they are used in the game's RAM.

the last code leaves a 9 on the screen or on the map when you look at a menu like on Pokemon Gold and Silver. The modifier can be changed for another tile/character. In the code guide, it said it was for changing the name of day, but that doesn't seem to work.

Re: A little contest...

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2006-07-25 19:40:59
You win the Prize!!!