Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Glitchhunter09 rants about lack of completely finished rom hacking tools - Page 1

Glitchhunter09 rants about lack of completely finished rom hacking tools

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2008-07-03 16:10:52
You Know I've been wandering how come some rom hacking utilities aren't ever completed. I know there are Hex editors but I'm horrible at Hex editing. For example The sonic hacking utility Sonik Sprite is Out of date and is the only Sonic sprite editor currently available (Not counting Sonik Sprite Remix which sucks because it only supports one game:Sonic the Hedgehog. They never think of us people who don't know how to Hex edit. Why is that you ask Because we are apparently not well favored in the sonic hacking community which is the reason why I left.(That and Sonic retro is very strict about people joining their website and only the best of the best are allowed but that's irrelavent to the conversation.) Sonik Sprite doesn't fully support any of the games in the way I want it to. For one (and this goes for many of the other graphics editing utilities including pallete editors.) it does not fully support sonic 3 and knuckles and no update attempts have been made either. Super Scourge in my hack turns blue after changing back to normal which is because the transform pallete needs to be edited but there are no pallete editors that support this for Sonic 3 and Knuckles (which happens to be my favorite game which is the reason why I want to edit it in the first place.

I made this topic so people like me could get rid of all that rom hacking tool frustration they have been having. so let it ou right now! Let the Whole ROM hacking world hear it!

Re: Glitchhunter09 rants about lack of completely finished rom hacking tools

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2008-07-03 21:22:53
Believe it or not, writing tools is a lot of work that many people don't care to spend time working on. Hex editing isn't difficult either.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2008-07-03 21:27:19
If you are frustrated at the lack of tools, go write one yourself.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-03 21:27:50
*cough*romhackingisillegalnowbecauseGameFreakjoinedtheESA*cough*

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-07-03 21:29:49
*caugh*itis?*caugh*

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-03 21:31:30
yeah. good thing the GCL Fangame was being built from the ground up.

Date: 2008-07-22 11:10:34

*cough*romhackingisillegalnowbecauseGameFreakjoinedtheESA*cough*

And your mom's illeagal. Seriously, this topic was made to talk about your frustration not help start more for me. If you're all going to be dumb asses and jerks about it, that makes you no better then the Sonic Hacking community. I've been wanting to create a rom hacking team but no one wants to join because they don't want to help Noobs like me. Now if you'll excuse me I need to find a cleanex because you all hurt my feelings. No seriously you did make me cry. *Sob* I'm not joking I mean it!

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-07-22 16:00:09

And your mom's illeagal. Seriously, this topic was made to talk about your frustration not help start more for me. If you're all going to be dumb asses and jerks about it, that makes you no better then the Sonic Hacking community.

And you're making an ass of yourself.
Calling someone a dumbass because they pointed out the illegality of ROM hacking, that's just being stupid.
That's just it, that's not being a jerk or a dumbass, that was just stating a fact, which is true, so there's no call for calling someone a dumbass/jerk/whatever-you-prefer.

I've been wanting to create a rom hacking team but no one wants to join because they don't want to help Noobs like me.

Not everyone knows how to ROM hack, you know, and not everyone that knows halfway how is going to clamor to join a team.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to find a cleanex because you all hurt my feelings. No seriously you did make me cry. *Sob* I'm not joking I mean it!

Serious overreaction to nothing dude. Jeez.

Date: 2008-07-22 17:06:12
Well I'm sorry but I'm so frustrated because I've had a horrible time with my Hacking. I mean you wouldn't believe how many dead ends I've come into. You have no idea that my hacks are meant to be visually stunning but I can't make them completely the way I want them. Worst of all, I may have to cancel my rom hacks altogether because I can't find anyone! I mean it's not like I won't do anything at all. I'm going to have to embed one of the hack videos on this site maybe someone out there who's holding back help will respond.

Please forgive me. I'm a little microphone shy. Please try not to laugh too hard okay? ^_^

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/3gwiNF_4P-A&hl=en&fs=1[/youtube]

Note: Embedding doesn't work, use the [ youtube][ /youtube] tags to post the video.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-25 18:51:55
Hey, why the reset in Saffron city?

Date: 2008-07-31 16:18:20

Hey, why the reset in Saffron city?

I honestly have no clue. it is like glitch diminsion except not much appears. it wasn't just a reset it was a crash and a reset. I'm still trying to figure that out. Somehow screwing with the Safari Zone caused it. I guess goldmap isn't as useless as we thought.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-31 17:08:06
How weird.