Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Attention: Do not post ROM hacks here. - Page 1

Attention: Do not post ROM hacks here.

Posted by: xparasite9
Date: 2008-07-25 17:51:10
ROM hacks are illegal for certain games, and other games are still questionable as to their legality, therefore we cannot allow them to be posted here.

Re: Attention: Do not post ROM hacks here.

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-07-29 03:39:27
Making a topic about your hack is still ok, you just can't give us a direct download link. Telling someone where to get it or linking it to them over PM is something we can't control. Just as long as there are no direct links.

EDIT: regardless of the legality, this isn't the place to post ROM hacks.

Posted by: SCared_Fir3
Date: 2008-07-29 13:40:57
Someone should Sticky/Pin this so everybody knows. And so we don't get arrested.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-07-29 17:08:51
ROM hacks illegal? Why is that?

Posted by: Zach the Glitch Buster
Date: 2008-08-30 10:34:01

Because Nintendo is a bitch.

Ok really, its much more of a gray area in the law, but xparasite9 wanted to be careful. So regardless of the legality, its breaking our rules, so don't do it.

Posted by: Yuzihax
Date: 2008-08-30 12:02:11

Because Nintendo is a bitch.

Ok really, its much more of a gray area in the law, but xparasite9 wanted to be careful. So regardless of the legality, its breaking our rules, so don't do it.

Its a lot better to be careful in any case, rather than being reckless and assuming that nobody is going to say anything about it ever.

Yeah, and the rule thing, its breaking it and such.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2008-08-30 13:50:15
But it's ok to post LIPs(or whatever there called) patches?
As your not hosting the rom in any way.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2008-09-01 03:36:36
I'm not sure. Only thing that's gonna do is make someone download the file, then spend hours Googling the correct ROM on well… Google.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2008-11-28 10:52:25
Tools don't count do they? I mean, They are freeware and only alter the game and have no piracy on their own. They only are Piracy when a rom is loaded onto them. Am I correct or not?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-11-28 11:52:47
This board isn't the place for it.

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2008-11-30 10:49:03

I'm not sure. Only thing that's gonna do is make someone download the file, then spend hours Googling the correct ROM on well… Google.

Pokemon roms ARE getting more and more difficult to find now that the ESA is having their way.
(mainly the GBA roms but some of the GBC and GB roms are also getting difficult to locate.)
I mean they still exist in smaller quantities though but Gary 'M 9 has a point. this board isn't the place for that stuff.