Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

I found beta music (Pokemon Red) - Page 1

I found beta music (Pokemon Red)

Posted by: Ashandmisty
Date: 2008-10-25 09:12:01
Anyone heard this music before? In address C005 just enter 7E 7F 7E 7F etc for every digit that isnt 00. I'm quite happy with my finding. Also, depending on where you are the speed of the music and mood changes.

EDIT: Just found out it works best in Pewter City.
EDIT2: I also found out that it is right next to the Pokecenter music so maybe this was going to be the Mart music?

Re: I found beta music (Pokemon Red)

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-10-25 12:02:20
That's called editing the music via Memory Viewer.  It's not a beta song.

Posted by: Bassmasta
Date: 2008-10-25 17:13:44
It's the bass and drum lines of the Pokemon Center theme, with occasional Pokemon cries heard. The bass line rises an octave after playing through once,  and it's a different sound, though.

Posted by: Ashandmisty
Date: 2008-10-26 09:09:39

It's the bass and drum lines of the Pokemon Center theme, with occasional Pokemon cries heard. The bass line rises an octave after playing through once,  and it's a different sound, though.

Thanks for clearing it up. Still a nice tune though you have to admit.

Posted by: PichuUmbreon
Date: 2008-12-08 19:44:48
Wow… I changed the digits to something random, and got a creepily epic glitchy song.