Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Anyone want to team up to make a PWNsome hack? - Page 1

Anyone want to team up to make a PWNsome hack?

Posted by: MOD-SAN
Date: 2006-08-18 18:24:09
Here's the deal. I started on a hack [whose name I shall not reveal for fear of it being stolen], however, I'm running across some difficulties. For example, I can't seem to take the 'pokemon red' out of the title screen; can't place my own logo in the place of GameFreak's; can't edit the sprites [the characters that walk around. I want to leave the PKMN sprites the same]; and finally, can't figure out how to hex edit text without having the text run together In other words, I'm a pathetic newbie hacker. So I need some help. The 'companys' name is allready established; No SpEEk Games. I would like to come up with most of the script, as much as I can, but may need help with that from time to time. And I'm not trying to be picky, bossy, or anything, but please don't tell me what to do, if you're going to join my hack team. It's my concept, but feel free to make suggestions. Also, I would like it if whoever wants to help would teach me along the way if they can. Thank you.
Anyway, here's what the hack is: It's a PKMN parody, with different areas based on anywhere from rumors to nintendo to engrish to things that just don't make sense. Yes, there will be cursing and adult humor, which is why I prefer an adult [or someone allmost an adult] to work with me. Another thing, the PKMN are reversed, as in, legendaries are common and vice versa. I'm planning to put the starter PKMN in the place of the legendary birds! Also, I have another hack in mind for the future, which I shall start on if this one goes well. Another thing: whoever's working with me will have to stick it out to the end; in other words, I want this game finished, not half-finished like many of the hacks I see out there.
If you would like to help, either post in this topic, PM me, or IM me on MSN at modsan@albel.net or AIM at HelloISmileYou.

Re: Anyone want to team up to make a PWNsome hack?

Posted by: Glitch Reasearcher
Date: 2006-08-21 05:48:35
I'll be willing to help. so when can I start?

Date: 2006-08-21 14:41:31

I'll be willing to help. so when can I start?

Now, if you want to. Just IM me^^

Date: 2006-08-25 17:04:12
Here's a video from my hack:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNWT5oMIJnM

Posted by: Newo
Date: 2006-09-03 13:27:38
Nice one!!! :D

Posted by: syboxez
Date: 2006-12-21 13:31:16
well, the map needs to be edited. i'll go look for one and i'll send you the site on aim.

Posted by: syboxez
Date: 2006-12-21 13:49:40
never mind. here's the site: http://members.fortunecity.com/bgtransman14/utilities.htm