Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Scrolling Screen Codes - Page 1

Scrolling Screen Codes

Posted by: :56 ERROR
Date: 2008-12-22 14:10:52
After seeing the list of Gameshark codes on GCL, I tried one out, it made the screen go haywire after I entered a different part into the code.
The code is 01??03C1, adding D1 to the ?? makes the screen scroll in a glitchy fashion every time you take a step.
Just remove the ??'s and put in these different parts to make each experience with this code glitchy.
FF = walking diagonally, being inside a building is dangerous because you walk out of the map area very quickly.
AA = very glitchy, don't know where the hell I am.
A1, A2, A3, etc: Same as AA
BB: Same as AA
CC: Glitchy-er.
EE: Walking diagonally, along with scrolling glitches.

I'll do more research on this, the AA's to the BB's look like they do the same thing over again.

Re: Scrolling Screen Codes

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2008-12-22 16:10:12
Nice!  I love walking diagonally!

Date: 2008-12-22 23:12:18
Update

E1: Every step you take sideways seems like your going sideways, but you're actualy moving down.

E2: Same as E1.
Rest of the E's: Same as E1.

F hexes: Diagonally walking. FF seems to be the most dangerous due to the fact that it takes you off of the map area quickly.

Personally, I'm quite dissapointed  -_-
I'll research what other things you can do with certain Gameshark codes.

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2008-12-23 09:14:50
What about E0?

Date: 2008-12-23 13:29:49
Wow, I forgot the 0's of the hexes, how crappy of me…
E0 = Crazyness, background is part of some kind of alphabet in the game.
A0, B0, D0, F0 = Same as E0
C0 = You actually seem to walk sideways, while the background flashes with that alphabet. You can't move down or up.