Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Hex editing tutoring. please? - Page 1

Hex editing tutoring. please?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2008-12-24 21:05:45
Alright the main reason why I'm doing this isn't because of rom hacking. You see the is a file for this PC game that allows it to run in D3D. However for a while on Windows XP it refused to run on Newer graphics cards. It was fixed by a guy named Alacn. The problem was solved forever…. or at least we thought so. Even newer graphics cards have come out and now Alacn's patch doesn't work on those. I happen to be one of the unfortunate few who have this problem.

The reason why I posted it here was because I could also use this to hack rooms as well. I need this info for both those things but mainly the patch.

If anyone wants to take the time to give me Hex editing lessons I'd really appreciate it. I'll try to listen to everything you say. I will be your student and you can punish me if I do wrong.

It doesn't have to be a lot of stuff. I have a youtube stream so if anyone who has a youtube account wants to take the time to teach me please I beg of you to.

I work well if I get visual examples and maybe I should practice by hacking something the tutor chooses for me to hack.

If anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and have a Merry Christmas (or whatever the hell it is you celebrate.)

Re: Hex editing tutoring. please?

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2008-12-24 22:28:17
Umm… open change FF to FE and see what happens.

Besides that, this isn't the place for those questions.

Re: Hex editing tutoring. please?

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2008-12-25 21:20:36
Awwwwww….  :(