Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

*sigh* I need help... - Page 1

*sigh* I need help...

Posted by: boxman
Date: 2009-01-26 17:27:52
I can't fathom how I forgot this, so this is your chance to throw insults at me.

I googled the question and searched Multiple Forums. Zip.

Question: How do you change Pokemon Names in FR/LG.

I think in the early days back when Pokemon Glitch Version was a Sapphire Hack I used BaseEdit. Yet, BaseEdit seems to not work with FR/LG.

So, yeah. I'm open to answers.

Re: *sigh* I need help...

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-01-26 23:45:59
I believe pokeamp can do it.

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-01-27 15:14:40
Use a hex editor.

Posted by: Jump and Run
Date: 2009-01-28 05:16:23
Pokemon Amplifier 2006 Ae. It can edit names of pokemon, items, attacks and special abilities. It can also edit stats, movesets, TM/HMs, evolutions, types, special abilities, gender ratios, catch ratios, trainers, starters, what attacks do, what items a pokemon holds in the wild, a pokemon's breeding group, egg steps, how much items cost, and the EVs gained from a pokemon.

I've also been working on a glitch hack, and this program (and AdvanceMap) have been the most useful.

I also recommend "Poketronic" if you want an event style wild battle.