Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Pokemon DARK - Page 1

Pokemon DARK

Posted by: Missing? NO!
Date: 2009-05-04 20:12:29
I'm making a new PkMn Emerald hack called Pokemon DARK.

Basic plot: You have just recently defeated TEAM ROCKET in Kanto, and are asked to move to Hoenn, as a villanous team, "TEAM DARK", is capturing legendary Pokemon and is causing the world to become unstable. You move into Origin Lake, a small town based on the Origin Cave in the town, where a legendary POKeMON lives. Your objective: To defeat TEAM DARK free the legendary Pokemon, and once done, become the POKeMON champion.

Re: Pokemon DARK

Posted by: shaggs
Date: 2009-05-09 23:55:30
Wow seems pretty interesting, easy and straightforward,
when did you start working on this?

Date: 2009-05-10 10:49:19

Wow seems pretty interesting, easy and straightforward,
when did you start working on this?

At the end of April.
Anyone know of some good tools?

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-10 11:07:33
Please have a Dark type Gym in it. I haven't seen any yet.

Date: 2009-05-10 11:49:58

I'm going to for the last gym, but I need a good trainer editor.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-05-10 12:01:15
Well then, I've been all the help possible.

Posted by: Stackout
Date: 2009-07-02 11:01:27
Use EliteMap and the tools that come with it. That's all you'll need for anything to do with 3rd Gen hacks.

You could use OpenPoke (a legal remake of the 3rd gen engine) as the engine, but maybe not.

Posted by: Abwayax
Date: 2009-07-02 15:19:55
Isn't OpenPoke kind of not finished yet? I don't know how usable it would be in a live project.

Maybe the leader of the Dark Gym should also be the leader of Team Dark

Get it, they're both dark

No one will see that coming

Posted by: Ratipharos
Date: 2009-07-02 15:46:18

Isn't OpenPoke kind of not finished yet? I don't know how usable it would be in a live project.

Maybe the leader of the Dark Gym should also be the leader of Team Dark

Get it, they're both dark

No one will see that coming

Giovanni?

Date: 2009-07-02 17:47:24
No, Giovanni's the leader of Team Rocket. Unless…

They're the same team, just with a different name?

Apparently in Sailor Moon, all the Big Bads were different incarnations of the same villain. I guess it's possible.

Date: 2009-07-02 18:12:14
No, I was saying LIKE Giovanni. But that it a good plot device. If this is still on, put it in there. If not, I'll have it in my game. If that goes anywhere.

Date: 2009-07-02 18:19:46
Think about it. This totally makes sense.

Teams Aqua and Magma are really puppets of Team Rocket. Giovanni's executives uses them to create attention and distract would-be heroes and 10 year old trainers from their real plans in Johto. Do you really think anyone would want to do something as totally stupid as raise the water level? Archie and Maxie only pretend to be enemies, but they are really TR Executives. The rest of the people on the teams, even the Admins, don't know, of course.

In the three years that follow, the Rockets slowly rebuild their infrastructure and begin their true plans. And then that Cyrus guy comes along and does his own thing.

Remember, in the Pokemon timeline, R/B/Y/Fr/Lg are concurrent with R/S/E, and G/S/C/HG/SS are concurrent with D/P/Pt (recall the red Gyarados reference in the beginning).

Date: 2009-07-02 18:35:26

Remember, in the Pokemon timeline, R/B/Y/Fr/Lg are concurrent with R/S/E, and G/S/C/HG/SS are concurrent with D/P/Pt (recall the red Gyarados reference in the beginning).

Not ENTIRELY true.

Red, your or some other dude's trainer in Kanto in G/S/C is there along with Blue, the Viridian City Gym Leader, who is Gary's counterpart.
Sorry if that didn't make sense.

But yeah, your idea makes sense. There needs to be some sort of Conspiracy Theory archive.

Date: 2009-07-02 18:38:40
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF TEAM DARK: First, Team Dark must harness the power of Groudon to get the Origin Cave to get above ground. Once done, then Team Dark will use Kyogre to make the Origin Cave accessible. Once done, Team Dark will then enter the cave and try to get to the center, where the main legendary Pokemon, Deoxys, lives. Your character must stop this from happening.

Date: 2009-07-02 18:58:19

Red, your or some other dude's trainer in Kanto in G/S/C is there along with Blue, the Viridian City Gym Leader, who is Gary's counterpart.
Sorry if that didn't make sense.

I don't think you understood me. "Concurrent" roughly means "at the same time." Gens 2 and 4 take place three years after 1 and 3. That's why Red and Blue are in G/S/C as veteran trainers.