Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Making some 'Glitch Art' with gameboy camera - Page 1

Making some 'Glitch Art' with gameboy camera

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-05-26 03:35:57
Quite humorously my gameshark accepts the original gameboy camera as of which it looks silly with it in but I was trying to find a code to change the cursor on the doodle menu and discovered one, I changed the value to FF and selected the mario bros stamps I stuck it on and tried other stamps and made my own 'glitch art' if anyone has the original gameboy camera or ROM they should try it

Re: Making some 'Glitch Art' with gameboy camera

Posted by: Zowayix
Date: 2009-05-26 05:54:35
Screenshots? It's hard to tell exactly what you mean by that.

Re: Making some 'Glitch Art' with gameboy camera

Posted by: Torchickens
Date: 2009-05-26 09:54:19
Unfortunaly VBA won't accept the gameboy camera ROM so I'd have to take a photograph from my actual GBA there may be some emulators which support it but its difficult to get a screenshot.

The code is 01XX3FD6; XX is the stamp modifier e.g 01 could be a mario nose change it to FF for a glitch block or for glitch symbols 01 could be the letter A change to FF for a glitch symbol

Edit: I have found an emulator which emulates the gameboy camera; this is a very simple example of an illustration I could make using 'glitch stamps'
[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/378/glitchart.png[/img]