Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Monster Brain and G/S Ball - Page 1

Monster Brain and G/S Ball

Posted by: Krisp
Date: 2009-06-08 07:13:36
I have a Monster Brain (it's a GBC accessory that lets you edit your save file from RBY/GSC and back up the saved data) and I cheated to get a GS Ball in Crystal. I'm not through the game yet but I'm in Azelea Town right now. I tried giving the ball to Kurt but no luck, he wouldn't take it. Then I tried putting it in the shrine to activate the Celebi event….still no luck. Is there any other item I need for this? Or is it like R/S where you have to activate the event with a separate Gameshark code? Or do I need to beat the game first?

I've tried Google and came up with nothing, just a code to buy the GS Ball and stuff. I really don't want to buy a GBC Gameshark because they're so expensive on eBay, so maybe someone can help me out?

Re: Monster Brain and G/S Ball

Posted by: Axaj
Date: 2009-06-08 20:23:06
Monster Brains are not very good, I'd say your best bet is getting a GBC Gameshark.

Re: Monster Brain and G/S Ball

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-06-08 21:42:19
If this is for crystal, it'd be best to use the Celebi trick to get Celebi.