Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Catching Pokemon Using the memory viewer - Page 1

Catching Pokemon Using the memory viewer

Posted by: Sonikku1011
Date: 2009-06-28 21:29:08
Addresses 5000-5050 (WRAM) control what Pokemon you can find, along with what kind of battle. What i've noticed is that in Blue/Red modifying these addresses controls the Safari Zone battle style, where as it controls the hooked battle style in Yellow. I usually just type in the hex # of the Pokemon I want to catch in every byte, instead of leaving some strand of code alone (I apologize in advance if someone has already cleared this before.)

Re: Catching Pokemon Using the memory viewer

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-06-28 21:33:57
http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php/topic,4200.0.html

That is a list of basically all important RAM values.

Re: Catching Pokemon Using the memory viewer

Posted by: Bent`
Date: 2009-06-29 10:18:42

Addresses 5000-5050 (WRAM) control what Pokemon you can find, along with what kind of battle. What i've noticed is that in Blue/Red modifying these addresses controls the Safari Zone battle style, where as it controls the hooked battle style in Yellow. I usually just type in the hex # of the Pokemon I want to catch in every byte, instead of leaving some strand of code alone (I apologize in advance if someone has already cleared this before.)

Wait, what? 5000?5050 are part of the swappable ROM bank, not WRAM. WRAM is located from C000?DFFF in the Game Boy.