Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

Nothing Is Working. - Page 1

Nothing Is Working.

Posted by: Wild MissingNo. appeared
Date: 2009-07-11 16:34:04
Alright, what am I doing wrong? I've tried No$GBA, and when I try and load Diamond or Pearl, it says "No cartidge found", yet it loads FireRed. I've tried iDeaS, and the sound is terrible, and with DeSmuME, I don't know how to load either Diamond nor Pearl so I'm out of ideas. I want to shed some light on DPBox, and for me to do that, I need a working emulator, that can run D/P without any buggy sounds, nor any bullshit saying about no cartridge. My laptop has Windows Vista, and my PC (Windows XP: Pro), has no ROMs, anymore so what am I doing wrong for No$GBA, and DeSmuME.

Re: Nothing Is Working.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-07-11 19:28:39
Ugh No$Gba just sucks either way. I believe that maybe you have to reconfigure your emulator stuff. My iDeaS works it just fine, I think you need to get an audio plugin to work D/P without the screwy noises.

Date: 2009-07-12 04:06:33
The emulator has said about that before and I have managed to get it working before but then went I went back to the emulator after loading Firefox to find some codes, the sound went bugged again, so I gave up with that and haven't been able to do anything since.

Posted by: ?????(000)
Date: 2009-07-12 08:17:03
you might have a faulty version of the game or something.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-07-12 10:38:42
It's not the game, it's the emulator.

Try asking your question at ngemu.com forums.  You'll usually get better answers since there's like >9001 emulation techies there.

http://forums.ngemu.com/handheld-emulation/

Date: 2009-07-12 11:24:40
9001, shit that is a lot of people. I do tend to figure things out but, my memory is terrible.

Posted by: fivex
Date: 2009-07-12 16:09:36
Faulty rom alert.

Date: 2009-07-12 17:31:38
Shit. I don't know any other places that has ROMs.

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-07-12 17:48:24
It's not a faulty ROM if it plays perfectly besides sound.

Date: 2009-07-13 04:14:17
It does run a bit laggy when moving, the sound sucks, so must be either faulty or a useless emulator.

Posted by: tachi
Date: 2009-07-13 07:36:23
Sounds like it is the emulator.
You know, all new emulators suck at first, you got to wait until they perfect it.
Oh and by the way, NGEMU YOU SUCK!

Date: 2009-07-13 10:54:08
Well, it's quite slow, and there's no sound. I don't mind playing without any sound, but the same is pretty slow, even on the DS it's a little quicker than it currently is. Guess, not much can be done.