Glitch City Laboratories Archives

Glitch City Laboratories closed on 1 September 2020 (announcement). This is an archived copy of a thread from Glitch City Laboratories Forums.

You can join Glitch City Research Institute to ask questions or discuss current developments.

You may also download the archive of this forum in .tar.gz, .sql.gz, or .sqlite.gz formats.

Emulation & ROM Hacking

None of the site's GS codes seem to work on a real GBC Gameshark - Page 1

None of the site's GS codes seem to work on a real GBC Gameshark

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-12 10:51:40
I'm not sure why but every time I activate a code with the On switch, the game locks up until I flip the switch off for no apparent reason.

Re: None of the site's GS codes seem to work on a real GBC Gameshark

Posted by: GARYM9
Date: 2009-10-12 10:53:36
Try starting the code with 80, also, it could just be your GameShark.

Re: None of the site's GS codes seem to work on a real GBC Gameshark

Posted by: glitchhunter09
Date: 2009-10-12 14:25:17

Try starting the code with 80, also, it could just be your GameShark.

Figures. It came from a Yard sale after all. (It was the same Yard sle that my mom found Chaos Black at btw.)

Edit: I figured out what was wrong. You have to flip the switch on and off at the appropriate time. For example, I figured out that with the Wild Pokemon modifier codes, you had to flip the switch on just as the wild battle starts and then flip it off when the screen goes black.

I've got a Celebi on my Crystal version now as well as a Lugia and Ho-Oh that Know their starting moves. (Which are Aeroblast and Sacred Fire in Generation 2)